Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I’ve come to the conclusion this fannying around at the back (pardon me - I mean playing out from the back) is a dangerous tactic that teams should ONLY do IF they are 100% focused and are confident of beating the oppositions high press. 

we have defiantly been a victim of poor execution of this as have villa and man city themselves and the arses as we saw yesterday. When managers persist with this  and it’s obviously not working the team suffers and concedes a goal. Time and again we keep seeing this happen. No one ever learns. I refuse to believe a professional team cannot figure this out logically and play a different less risky way. Baffles me! Like watching school boys.

It says a lot about a manager who persists with this when it clearly doesn't work. I'd like to understand thier thought process. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

These quirks can happen. Elements of luck, form, confidence and fixture schedule can have a massive bearing on anyone's season. 

They have some decent players. But the squad has absolutely no depth (nketia ffs) and I personally wouldn't be in that much of a rush for us to sign, say, Tierney, White, Partey, Shaqa for example. It's an half decent but ordinary team been riding a wave for 20 games. I just don't fancy them

Pretty much what everyone said about us when we won the league. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

These quirks can happen. Elements of luck, form, confidence and fixture schedule can have a massive bearing on anyone's season. 

They have some decent players. But the squad has absolutely no depth (nketia ffs) and I personally wouldn't be in that much of a rush for us to sign, say, Tierney, White, Partey, Shaqa for example. It's an half decent but ordinary team been riding a wave for 20 games. I just don't fancy them

I'm inclined to agree that Arsenal might have been riding the crest of a wave, but I'd still have them considerably ahead of us. 

Our first X1 consists of Maddison (who would get into most sides), a few "on their day" players, some promising new arrivals and Danny Ward. Even Vardy is a fading light. 

But a squad comparison exposes the truth even more starkly. We're still one injury to a defender away from starting Amartey or Thomas; and one injury to a winger away from a complete change in formation. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

How about no. If we have to play Choudhury and Ndidi back there, what's their excuse? Ridiculous.

At the very least, they could play a youth player back there.

it would be a greater punishment to allow Cook to play

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I’ve come to the conclusion this fannying around at the back (pardon me - I mean playing out from the back) is a dangerous tactic that teams should ONLY do IF they are 100% focused and are confident of beating the oppositions high press. 

we have defiantly been a victim of poor execution of this as have villa and man city themselves and the arses as we saw yesterday. When managers persist with this  and it’s obviously not working the team suffers and concedes a goal. Time and again we keep seeing this happen. No one ever learns. I refuse to believe a professional team cannot figure this out logically and play a different less risky way. Baffles me! Like watching school boys.

Now, these teams that insist on doing this and taking 2 yard goal kicks...

They're trying to lure you in so they can take out 3/4/5 of your players with a single pass.

I'd take the opposite approach. 

Everyone retreats to the halfway line and sets up in their shape. 

Confuse them.

You can fvck about with it as much as you want in your own half, but you ain't getting in to ours.

As Southampton move on from Jesse and Leeds continues to be the Typhoid Mary of management vacancies, either one of them could be really courageous and hire Barak Bakhar.  He’s done a phenomenal job at Maccabi Haifa and was strongly linked to the Rangers job last year.  Would it be a bold move the fanbase might resist?  Absolutely.  But he’s a guy that’s completely dominated domestically (Haifa were in an extended trough when he arrived) and while obviously overmatched in Europe, has at least avoided parking the bus. A clever tactician known for adapting to the opposition rather than being married to a rigid system, often mentioned as a top young managerial talent.

9 hours ago, CloudFox said:

How about no. If we have to play Choudhury and Ndidi back there, what's their excuse? Ridiculous.

At the very least, they could play a youth player back there.

Must have someone who can fill in too - got enough players!

Or they can get a free agent without a club  in. 

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Actual quote from the Forest former on injuries 

And we are in a bizarre and unprecedented situation, with 13? players out

lol. How many did we have out at times over the past few years? More than that!

If they have 13 players out from a squad of 25 then that’s pretty grim. But I’m sure it isn’t unprecedented and the only help they’d get is if they had their three first choice keepers injured.  

At the worst, I think we had about 9 of the 25 squad players unavailable 

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Actual quote from the Forest former on injuries 

And we are in a bizarre and unprecedented situation, with 13? players out

lol. How many did we have out at times over the past few years? More than that!

But as we know, it's not down to luck.

That's a gross neglect of any type of injury prevention at their end.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If they have 13 players out from a squad of 25 then that’s pretty grim. But I’m sure it isn’t unprecedented and the only help they’d get is if they had their three first choice keepers injured.  

At the worst, I think we had about 9 of the 25 squad players unavailable 

I’m sure we got into decent double figures? Can’t remember the games in question.

I mean we had Amartey and Ndidi at CB ffs at home to Liverpool. And they’re moaning that they have 2 fit CBs, we had none! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m sure we got into decent double figures? Can’t remember the games in question.

I mean we had Amartey and Ndidi at CB ffs at home to Liverpool. And they’re moaning that they have 2 fit CBs, we had none! 

If I remember well we had all our CBs ruled out against Liverpool (1-0) plus Daka, Ricardo, Bertnard. 6 players in total I think. Max injuries we reached were 9 and there was also a game where 3 of our players were disciplined and ruled out due to Covid "violations". At the time, if I remember well again, we had 12-13 ruled out. 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

If Leeds appoint Harry Redknapp lol

Bit north for him, he does know how far Leeds is from down south. I'd be shocked if he goes there. Considering his last job he took Birmingham into bottom three of the championship with a huge wage bill. I'd be very wary giving him the job.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Bit north for him, he does know are far Leeds is from down south. I'd be shocked if he goes there. Considering his last job he took Birmingham into bottom three of the championship with a huge wage bill. I'd be very wary giving him the job.

Triffic club though