Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

28 minutes ago, Corky said:

What do we think of the Martin Tyler furore, then? I think he should've been replaced years ago so no big admirer of his, having said that I think his comment was clumsy more than nasty. 

I don't get what the fuss is about, it's not even clumsy, it's just people trying to see something written down and deliberately taking words out, that just isn't there when you listen to it. I think he's a bit past it as a commentator and would like to see him replaced, but I think people are reading the comment without a comma and adding 2+2 together and making 5.

There's a big difference between saying “Hillsbrough, and OTHER hooligan-related incidents.” and “Hillsbrough and other, HOOLIGAN-RELATED incidents as well”.

To me, he quite clearly pauses after the "other", intonates "Hooligan-related" rather than "other" and is separating them as two different things, he even says the "as well" afterwards that makes it clear he means them as separate instances, but people online seem to be deliberately missing the "as well" off the end of the sentence and deliberately trying to add the comma after the "Hillsbrorugh", not after the "other".

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Corky said:

What do we think of the Martin Tyler furore, then? I think he should've been replaced years ago so no big admirer of his, having said that I think his comment was clumsy more than nasty. 

He didnt even say anything wrong, really shows how ****ing stupid people are 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I don't get what the fuss is about, it's not even clumsy, it's just people trying to see something written down and deliberately taking words out, that just isn't there when you listen to it. I think he's a bit past it as a commentator and would like to see him replaced, but I think people are reading the comment without a comma and adding 2+2 together and making 5.

There's a big difference between saying “Hillsbrough, and OTHER hooligan-related incidents.” and “Hillsbrough and other, HOOLIGAN-RELATED incidents as well”.

To me, he quite clearly pauses after the "other", intonates "Hooligan-related" rather than "other" and is separating them as two different things, he even says the "as well" afterwards that makes it clear he means them as separate instances, but people online seem to be deliberately missing the "as well" off the end of the sentence and deliberately trying to add the comma after the "Hillsbrorugh", not after the "other".

To be honest, I've only seen it typed out and it looked like he's worded it slightly differently to how he probably meant it. If you've heard it then it makes more sense.

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Despite many moaning about our lack of transfer business, at least we don't have to consider playing Schlupp in midfield for the 1st game of the season.  

Yeah, the Palace XI looks absolutely awful

23 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Can one palace hero break parteys leg

Some group somewhere must be enraged and offended? Surely?

Women and the feminist groups must be up in arms he is starting?

Suppose the innocent until proven guilty lot are quite happy but then again he only got off because it happened abroad?

So some of them may actually be enraged and offended.

Not being on Twitter I can’t see who is most offended but someone must be?

4 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Woo hoo!  NBC have acquired Peter Drury as their primary PL announcer (in the US of course).

Arlo White has apparently moved to LIV golf as the lead announcer.

Thank Christ for that 

13 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Some group somewhere must be enraged and offended? Surely?

Women and the feminist groups must be up in arms he is starting?

Suppose the innocent until proven guilty lot are quite happy but then again he only got off because it happened abroad?

So some of them may actually be enraged and offended.

Not being on Twitter I can’t see who is most offended but someone must be?

What an odd comment 

• Like 2