Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

15 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Bit north for him, he does know how far Leeds is from down south. I'd be shocked if he goes there. Considering his last job he took Birmingham into bottom three of the championship with a huge wage bill. I'd be very wary giving him the job.

That's never happening in a thousand years of Sundays.  No way.

15 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

What is this obsession of manager's coming out of retirement, Warnock returning to Huddersfield. I mean we will see Big Ron come back at this rate to manage Southampton.

Who else has contributed to this obsession recently? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

What is this obsession of manager's coming of retirement, Warnock returning to Huddersfield. I mean we will see Big Ron come back at this rate to manage Southampton.

Because the world of top tier football is like Jurassic Park. Dinosaurs-managers with tactics from the Flintstones era. There are a few exceptions like Reims with a 32yrs old manager who plays some exciting, attractive football and he doesn't even have a manager's licence. 

16 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Incorrect. Kante, Mahrez and Vardy would've made any starting xi in the world that season. Man City. Barca. Juve. Bayern. Anyone. Arsenal haven't anyone at that level

Incorrect…not one was proven material..just potential.

FFs, FT posters,the same year in year out, like with other players were still questioning Vardy’s  superman abilities..2015/2016 first sealed it,and yet still the same farts wouldn’t have it…

Go back to the posts of that year, it was Xmas time before Kante,s prowess was accepted from FT…

Mahrez…about November time,but right until EOS, there were FT defaulters..

Vardy ,the previous season,we wanted & desperate for a cult hero, he still had to grow into it…he won over the terraces early, but again some FTers wouldn’t have it.

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Forest desperately trying to re register Steve Cook after sacking him off due to the 31 signings. 

Pathetic. 

You're being too polite by saying "pathetic". Cooper also trying to justify the request is an absolute joke. "Cook was professional after his omission" blah, blah, blah. We were about to have the mascot or Ward playing as CB against Liverpool and we won 1-0. 

I can't stand Forest and Marinakis. Can't wait to see them in National League. And I still believe there's no way they're staying up this season. 

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Incorrect…not one was proven material..just potential.

FFs, FT posters,the same year in year out, like with other players were still questioning Vardy’s  superman abilities..2015/2016 first sealed it,and yet still the same farts wouldn’t have it…

Go back to the posts of that year, it was Xmas time before Kante,s prowess was accepted from FT…

Mahrez…about November time,but right until EOS, there were FT defaulters..

Vardy ,the previous season,we wanted & desperate for a cult hero, he still had to grow into it…he won over the terraces early, but again some FTers wouldn’t have it.

Truth is somewhere in the middle. I know a lot of our fans that spotted the world class material of Mahrez and Vardy the last EFL season we had. I had discussions with fellow fans during these games in Championship. You could easily see the extraordinary technique of Mahrez in the 19 games he played. Yes, he was world class potential in Championship, he was a world class player the next 2 seasons in Premier League. 

2 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Truth is somewhere in the middle. I know a lot of our fans that spotted the world class material of Mahrez and Vardy the last EFL season we had. I had discussions with fellow fans during these games in Championship. You could easily see the extraordinary technique of Mahrez in the 19 games he played. Yes, he was world class potential in Championship, he was a world class player the next 2 seasons in Premier League. 

In good German..jein...I ride every players story,and will never demean a player or his career..Mahrez wore our badge & was a pleasure to watch him.

IMHO He realised his WClass potential when he helped us win that title…

World class must be earned, and potential explode into that category, Mahrez was in my eyes brilliant,but still had to complete,or help complete an high rate of performances that would lift him that extra notch,then keep it going…

He became W.class with us, but stamped & sealed it, because he kept that high level going  with Man.city..1-2 excellent seasons doesn’t cut it, you have to earn at an high intensive level over more seasons..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

In good German..jaein.I ride every players story,and will never demean a player or his career..Mahrez wore our badge & was a pleasure to watch him.

IMHO He realised his WClass potential when he helped us win that title…

World class must be earned, and potential explode into that category, Mahrez was in my eyes brilliant,but still had to complete,or help complete an high rate of performances that would lift him that extra notch,then keep it going…

He became W.class with us, but stamped & sealed it, because he kept that high level going  with Man.city..1-2 excellent seasons doesn’t cut it, you have to earn at an high intensive level over more seasons..

I agree. This is Mahrez though. He's not KDB. He has this relaxed attitude on the pitch and sometimes you can't tell if he cares or not. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I agree. This is Mahrez though. He's not KDB. He has this relaxed attitude on the pitch and sometimes you can't tell if he cares or not. 

Nice to banter on football terms,instead of rifling through toxic repratore…or defending players right to exsist…:cheers:

18 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

it would be a greater punishment to allow Cook to play

Thing is, how can they keep players like this happy? Cook was a good signing by Cooper last season, has experience in the PL and Championship and contributed to their promotion.

Then suddenly not registered because they have to many players. I can't see players like him being happy with that.

Anyway, they've enough players to have enough cover. All clubs know how the 25 man squad works so it was their choice to not register enough defenders. All other clubs have to deal with injuries so they should get on with it.

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Sounds like Conte could be away from Spurs for another 4-8 weeks to recover properly from his operation. His contract is up at the end of the season too and he wants to go back to Italy. 

He did look ****ing dreadful the other night to be fair! 

Wasn't sure whether it was having to play Oliver Skipp in a Champions League knockout game... or the recent surgery.