Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I know this goes against everything and i might get banned for saying it …. I want spurs to finish 4th. I really do. 

it’s so frustrating chelsea and liverpool have faltered so much but i’m at a point where i just pray for anyone but newcastle 

one more year without champions league and if we get things right… we can push them. I fear the champions league would allow them to hit that next level far sooner than we hoped 

Meh - so long as they don't win anything they can finish where they like if we're not competing directly.  But ahead of Newcastle right now? Yep - good idea.

16 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The idea that we’ll be anywhere near Newcastle again is fanciful. An endless amount of money trumps any sweet nothing about our potential rebuild. 

I’m not so sure. Our last 4 signings make me think that we still have the ability to play smarter than others. 

Compare that to newcastle signing gordon and it makes you realize that we should still be pushing them.  on paper id still take our squad over theirs. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Forest desperately trying to re register Steve Cook after sacking him off due to the 31 signings. 

Pathetic. 

How would this even work? What happens if the injured players recover quickly? Does Cook stay in the squad, making it 26, or does he drop out again? Or does Boly or McKenna stay out of the squad even if fit again? 

Just isn't workable.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m not so sure. Our last 4 signings make me think that we still have the ability to play smarter than others. 

Compare that to newcastle signing gordon and it makes you realize that we should still be pushing them.  on paper id still take our squad over theirs. 

They’ve climbed the league in less than 18 months and sustained a position with some very unremarkable signings on paper. Their squad will be world class within 2 years, probably less. 

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I know this goes against everything and i might get banned for saying it …. I want spurs to finish 4th. I really do. 

it’s so frustrating chelsea and liverpool have faltered so much but i’m at a point where i just pray for anyone but newcastle 

one more year without champions league and if we get things right… we can push them. I fear the champions league would allow them to hit that next level far sooner than we hoped 

I think spurs will struggle a lot more if they don’t get top 4 this season where as Newcastle will spend a bit again regardless . No champions league for spurs could see kane , son leave be managerless and a tight levy in charge without champions league money could put them right in the shite. Would be better for any one else but Newcastle but no one else seems capable of putting a decent run together to catch them 

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Wonder how their fans will react - probably love the money but morally not the owners?

Most of them don't give a rats arse about what the Qataris do back home, how they treat women, gays, migrant workers, you name it. All they see is their club signing all the big names and competing for glory. I'd rather be in League 2 than accept one of these scumbags taking over

• Like 2

So what do the Qataris do with PSG then?

I suppose the question answers itself ... Divvy up the ownership via legal chicanery, insist the ownership groups are unrelated, and make it clear they will legally bleed UEFA or any other authority who questions their right to field both clubs in European competitions.

Where does it go from here? It’s got to the point where state owned Middle Eastern business hoover up the big clubs. Bigger salaries for the top players stretching further what those on the rung below can afford. What’s the ‘out’ for the new owners. They aren’t in it for the love of the game and there won’t be a state owned business from another Middle Eastern country ready to buy them. Is this largely football ‘completed’ with no here left to go. What’s the point in 6 top state owned clubs bidding on Mbappe or Neymar and paying them 500k a week. It’s totally meaningless.  Im babbling as it feels completely hollow. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingsX said:

So what do the Qataris do with PSG then?

I suppose the question answers itself ... Divvy up the ownership via legal chicanery, insist the ownership groups are unrelated, and make it clear they will legally bleed UEFA or any other authority who questions their right to field both clubs in European competitions.

I am just confused how these bids are allowed to work…

I prefer those days, when J.Smith Haulage, or Dan jones Scaffoldings,were the

owners..

• Like 2

Are Chelsea guaranteed top 4 next season, never mind even a title challenge, I don't think they are. There will always be the rich and not so rich, but you will also teams like Us, Brentford, Fulham, Brighton this season Southampton years ago that find a different way to be successful relative to their own club.

Its the opposite of what should be happening right now. Cost of living crisis hitting a lot of workers in the west. Big Tech and Blue Chips laying off a big percentage of workers with the prospect of difficult years ahead.The economic outlook is bleak.

Yet in Football land, instead of controlling costs trying to ensure its future success is sustainable, we let the mega rich (and government owned) swoon in and make the situation worse. I hope that Chelsea and these owners f**k up and hemorrhage a fu** tonne of cash with no reward or success. To think what could be done with this money rather than overpaying already overpaid people.