Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

I see Lee Mason being made the scapegoat and has left (pushed out) the PGMOL for his VAR error.

Should people be losing jobs due to mistakes on football pitches in what is a game, why are refs held more to account for errors than managers or players?

I can understand if your a repeat offender but refs get pinged for the smallest errors, it always amazed me watching the grief brand new referees, I’m talking 14yr olds here, getting lambasted from the players, coaches and supporters for making a wrong call, it’s Champions league standards required from day 1 for that referee where as players can miss open goals and goalkeepers can make errors all in the name of a learning experience.

It’s like they have to be perfect from day 1, is there no growth in being a referee, can you not learn day by day just like a coach or player can to become better with experience?

Regardless of what people think of certain referees they shouldn’t be losing jobs because coaches and the media pick out individual errors every game.
They came out and held their hands up to the mistake and as gutting it is to a particular team it was an error, an error I imagine a lot of people wouldn’t have spotted until some bright spark showed it up.

We need referees to be able to play the game, this sacking which effectively it is, along with the abuse from grassroots up will just put another nail in why would a 14yr old continue this career path, why should they put themselves through it all just to be sacked off after an error later in life & then where will football be?

• Like 2

I think it was a culmination  of errors and was a very high profile one affecting one of the big boys.

Howard Webb as a new boss is trying to stamp his authority too saying we won't accept these basic errors.

Human subjective ones will happen but there is no excuse for not doing a basic job.

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Really conflicted. Want to see Arsenal continue to struggle but it’s bloody Villa who I think we can catch. Suppose a draw would be ok. 

Much rather Arsenal win the League than Man City or even worse Man United 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Also, the Nottinghamshire media seem confident that the PL will allow Forest to add Cook to their squad because they have set a precedent? Am I missing something? Theirs been a number of clubs who have had to make do when going through an injury crisis.

Could see a legal challenge from other clubs if they are permitted 

You're not going to win a Premier League title with a Championship, at best, number 9.

Even though they will fade away, I think Arteta deserve a lot of credit. He's progressing them well, and considering the lack of investment compared to Guardiola and Klopp, he's doing it in tougher circumstances.

They're too reliant on Saka/Jesus, the board not backing them in January was criminal in all honesty. It's the biggest reason they won't win the League this season, a lack of investment.