Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Worse numbers than Harvey Barnes I believe.

Saka is much more well rounded than Barnes though. Last year when we had Lookman you could see the value in having a winger with better linkup play and press resistance with worse goal involvement, it mean that Lookman was far less likely to have a stinker than Barnes. Saka having lookman's quality's as well as Barnes attacking output means he has the makings of an unreal player, younger than Barnes as well.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Worse numbers than Harvey Barnes I believe.

Harvey might have better career numbers but Harvey has never consistently delivered like Saka is at the moment. He's taking every game by the scruff of its neck. Reminds me of Mahrez.

Edited by AKCJ

3 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

How are we in a world where anyone is even remotely arsed that STEVE COOK might be allowed to play for Forest. They’re probably better off without him! 

As others have said, it’s nothing to do with Cook, but rather the precedent it would set and the noise coming from their manager and the club that it will seemingly be approved no questions asked.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Harvey might have better career numbers but Harvey has never consistently delivered like Saka is at the moment. He's taking every game by the scruff of its neck. Reminds me of Mahrez.

It was just for context really. Weirdos love to hate Harvey but he's as productive as the top tier of wingers in the league. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Saka is much more well rounded than Barnes though. Last year when we had Lookman you could see the value in having a winger with better linkup play and press resistance with worse goal involvement, it mean that Lookman was far less likely to have a stinker than Barnes. Saka having lookman's quality's as well as Barnes attacking output means he has the makings of an unreal player, younger than Barnes as well.

Didn't state otherwise, I just said his numbers aren't as good as Barnes'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I see Lee Mason being made the scapegoat and has left (pushed out) the PGMOL for his VAR error.

Should people be losing jobs due to mistakes on football pitches in what is a game, why are refs held more to account for errors than managers or players?

I can understand if your a repeat offender but refs get pinged for the smallest errors, it always amazed me watching the grief brand new referees, I’m talking 14yr olds here, getting lambasted from the players, coaches and supporters for making a wrong call, it’s Champions league standards required from day 1 for that referee where as players can miss open goals and goalkeepers can make errors all in the name of a learning experience.

It’s like they have to be perfect from day 1, is there no growth in being a referee, can you not learn day by day just like a coach or player can to become better with experience?

Regardless of what people think of certain referees they shouldn’t be losing jobs because coaches and the media pick out individual errors every game.
They came out and held their hands up to the mistake and as gutting it is to a particular team it was an error, an error I imagine a lot of people wouldn’t have spotted until some bright spark showed it up.

We need referees to be able to play the game, this sacking which effectively it is, along with the abuse from grassroots up will just put another nail in why would a 14yr old continue this career path, why should they put themselves through it all just to be sacked off after an error later in life & then where will football be?

We have just had a similar discussion in the car. The comments and pressure that comes from the media and wider public on the PGMOL to act has been ridiculous, far more of a consistent barrage that is put on players and managers for mistakes on the field. Officials also don’t have the means of a vocal support to defend their mistakes, their hounded out and a lot of the comments become personal insults, we had fans on this forum last week referring to a referee (who didn’t make any major decisions that went against us, or cost us) as a tart, nonce and paedo. A lot of the comments from the media go beyond looking at a mistake that is often human error but proceed to question the official’s integrity. It’s bonkers. The bigger issue being the majority of fans don’t even have the basic understanding of the rules and laws of the game yet will vocally force their opinion over as gospel. I’m aware a lot of this relates to the wider world with other professions scrutinised by those who don’t have a clue, it’s just sad that so much hate can be drummed up from what is at the end of the day a game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1