Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

34 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Imagine bringing as many players in as Forest have and still playing Jack Colback. They deserve to go down just for that alone.

We've managed to make him and Brennan Johnson look like Champions League standard players. I put it to you that WE deserve to be relegated for that. :whistle:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Surely this issue is more Chelsea's 'model' of just chucking money at it, signing 'superstars'...'names'.

I actually question of how much input and say Potter has in players signed.

Similar to when Lampard was at Chelsea, he did a pretty good, steady job when they had a transfer ban, he had to work with what he had (Which was still some pretty damn good players and squad), but once the club could sign players arguable over his head, the egos came flooding in and it all went south - I was always going to happen.

Not sure Potter is the fall guy.

I said the same this morning. Potter has a clear way he wants to play and will be working to build an environment and culture that lends to that. How he will do that in a club that is so unstable with players coming through the door is anyone’s guess. I’d like to see Chelsea stick with him because he seems like a decent guy who could be a very good representation of British managers. Chances are they will sack him for a high profile foreign coach who will bring short term success and be gone in 18months time.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Surely this issue is more Chelsea's 'model' of just chucking money at it, signing 'superstars'...'names'.

I actually question of how much input and say Potter has in players signed.

Similar to when Lampard was at Chelsea, he did a pretty good, steady job when they had a transfer ban, he had to work with what he had (Which was still some pretty damn good players and squad), but once the club could sign players arguable over his head, the egos came flooding in and it all went south - I was always going to happen.

Not sure Potter is the fall guy.

He knew full well what he was getting into and has taken a huge percentage of the backroom staff with him. The excuses are becoming excruciating. He isn't putting teams with 2 bit players out. regardless of injuries he has a team packed full of highly paid starts with international experience. He's simply been found wanting, thats all. Happens to many managers and i'm sure he will succeed at his right level.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

He knew full well what he was getting into and has taken a huge percentage of the backroom staff with him. The excuses are becoming excruciating. He isn't putting teams with 2 bit players out. regardless of injuries he has a team packed full of highly paid starts with international experience. He's simply been found wanting, thats all. Happens to many managers and i'm sure he will succeed at his right level.

I do agree that he's had some duff results that simply shouldn't have happened but for all the cash the lads above him have thrown at Chelsea he's still having to start Connor Gallagher, Mason Mount, Reuben Loftus-Cheek et al. Very easy to look at "Chelsea have spent X so why aren't they flying" when they've just stockpiled a tonne of wingers and they're playing Havertz up top. It's a Frankenstein's Monster of a squad, admittedly stacked with talent but wholly imbalanced.