Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

I saw someone defending potter with stats before the game…. but… yet again… it was the same old story. Lots of chances created but not taking them. 

Whatever he does with his coaching, getting the best out of a striker is not one of them. Do they just not bother with shooting drills or something? 

Or is it just extreme bad luck that both the clubs have been at don’t have a decent striker. It’s honestly amazing chelsea haven’t gone out and got a proper striker in.  Loading up on wingers but ignoring the critical area 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nick said:

I do wonder if Southampton pull off a win or even a draw against Chelsea today if the board might pull the trigger on Potter?

I was going to take the piss out of this post this morning for being one of the most far-fetched scenarios I've ever read on FT.

Shows what I know.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

As someone who lives in the States, we primarily call

Man City - City 

Man U - United

Leicester City - Leicester 

Don’t make an argument out of nothing. Is it also problematic that I also call kits, jerseys?

It doesn’t matter if you’re an American or not, you’re a Leicester fan, that’s the denominator! I wouldn’t bother saying anything if you weren’t a Leicester fan. Unfortunately people in England do the same to an extent. But any fan, whether Hull, Leicester, Norwich etc, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from, calls the Manchester City team ‘city’ is subconsciously demoting their team’s heritage below this other team in the north-west. 
We had the choice to change back to Leicester Fosse, but we didn’t because we’re proud of our name! 

• Like 1

Just now, westernpark said:

It doesn’t matter if you’re an American or not, you’re a Leicester fan, that’s the denominator! I wouldn’t bother saying anything if you weren’t a Leicester fan. Unfortunately people in England do the same to an extent. But any fan, whether Hull, Leicester, Norwich etc, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from, calls the Manchester City team ‘city’ is subconsciously demoting their team’s heritage below this other team in the north-west. 
We had the choice to change back to Leicester Fosse, but we didn’t because we’re proud of our name! 

Bloody hell I can’t imagine caring this much about something that doesn’t really matter 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I saw someone defending potter with stats before the game…. but… yet again… it was the same old story. Lots of chances created but not taking them. 

Whatever he does with his coaching, getting the best out of a striker is not one of them. Do they just not bother with shooting drills or something? 

Or is it just extreme bad luck that both the clubs have been at don’t have a decent striker. It’s honestly amazing chelsea haven’t gone out and got a proper striker in.  Loading up on wingers but ignoring the critical area 

Brighton were not prolific scorers under his management. 

• Like 1