Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's very easy to have a pop at the Chelsea owner, primarily because he's American and called Todd - but isn't showing confidence in a manager they backed enough to hire...good?

Definitely! Problem is even I’m questioning some of the random selections Potter keeps making.

Time to get his theories across aside… just  feels like putting up with Auba for a season (especially with the new players around him) would have been a quick win! 

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Newcastle 1 win in 7 PL games, got a feeling they could suffer the same fate as us in 19/20 and 20/21.

Good 14 odd players but wider squad lacking.

Said it before, they’re out of position in the league and will end up 7th or 8th.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Newcastle 1 win in 7 PL games, got a feeling they could suffer the same fate as us in 19/20 and 20/21.

Good 14 odd players but wider squad lacking.

Hard to beat but toothless in attack. Lose a couple of players and like you say the supporting squad isn't great. Draw far too many games. Liverpool, Spurs or Brighton are all capable of going on a run and catching them.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's very easy to have a pop at the Chelsea owner, primarily because he's American and called Todd - but isn't showing confidence in a manager they backed enough to hire...good?

Well he’s backed Potter heavily behind the scenes but something appears off with the transfers. He’s known with his time at Dodgers for a long term look 

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Well he’s backed Potter heavily behind the scenes but something appears off with the transfers. He’s known with his time at Dodgers for a long term look 

Don't get me wrong mate I don't like him, the man is blood type hot dog and he clearly needs a bit of advice on how to run a bloody football club but I reckon not immediately binning Potter is probably alright

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Don't get me wrong mate I don't like him, the man is blood type hot dog and he clearly needs a bit of advice on how to run a bloody football club but I reckon not immediately binning Potter is probably alright

Yup - for all other teams its just fine to stick with Potter. Really can't see Potter being able to build the sort of team he wants, and i strongly doubt he will have any influence over transfers, so one way or another the writing is on the wall. Might as well carry on as they are this season and finish mid / bottom half.

53 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That would be delightful. 

It is imperative that the whole league tries to keep the Saudis out of the Top 4 for as long as possible. As soon as they get CL football, they will be a shoe-in for Top 4 every season (see Man City). There are now three results i look out for every week since F$&@;( came back up. The whole league should be working collectively to stop Newcastle from breaking that ceiling. Every game against them for the other 14 should be like a cup final for the fairness of the league as a whole. 

The massive problem with Potter is the lack of goals his teams score, at Brighton it was always pretty football, but they just couldn’t score enough goals to move up the table.

In his 3 seasons there, I don’t think they averaged much more than 1 goal per game, they always looked like they could dominate games, but just didn’t score goals. 
Now at Chelsea and we’ve just about scored more in the last 2 games than they’ve scored in the league since he took over. (I haven’t checked this and it may be hyperbole, but I bet it’s close).

• Like 1

The positive of today’s results is, dragging Crystal Palace and Villa into the scrap and forcing them to look over their shoulder. They may have already enough on the board, but they will definitely be a little worried. 
Dare I say it Chelsea, I don’t think they’ll be in any danger what so ever, but only 11 points above the drop zone and in shocking form, some at the club will certainly be getting a bit worried. Defeat at Spurs next week, and a few more wins for clubs at the bottom and bums will start to squeak.

Bruno makes a huge difference for Newcastle. They've managed 2 points from 9 without him and only missed him because of a needless red in an already done and dusted match.

They appeared to be bypassing the in between climb up the ranks stage but they will drop to 5th-7th I'd imagine by the end of the season. Bit of an worthwhile eye opener for the owners though and I'm expecting the Newcastle cheque book to be fully open in the summer to strengthen the whole squad 

Edited by Nalis

5 minutes ago, nathan. said:

We are not in a position to slag off any keeper.

We have the worse keeper in the prem.

What if we don't discriminate? :P :D

(And on the other side - there's been quite a few sitters missed today, too!)

Edited by PhillippaT