Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Good chance Potter will be felled if they exit the CL this week.  Rogers will be in the frame no doubt if we get a result against Manure today.

Nah, no way do they attempt another Premier League manager, who hasn’t done it at the very highest level. 
Their next manager, with the money they have will be someone who has either won the CL or multiple league titles in England, Spain, Italy or Germany. They’ll be throwing money at the best of the best.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Daggers said:

I was going to take the piss out of this post this morning for being one of the most far-fetched scenarios I've ever read on FT.

Shows what I know.

I was reading Chelsea's record in the past 12 games yesterday morning and thinking about Southampton playing for their lives and thought to myself this isn't beyond the realms... 

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

Rafael Benitiz in the sky studio for Newcastle v Liverpool has to be him for Leeds 

They're going to make a panic buy this week, no question - just a matter of who.  Skubeedoo won't manage their next match.  I think they're more likely to go for Gerrard than Rafa personally.

How good is it having a season with about 1/3 to go, and at least 3 teams will still fancy their chances of winning the league.

Everyone in the top half could still get a top four spot if they put a run together.

A couple more might fancy their chances of putting a run together and sneaking 7th.

Everyone in the bottom half could still go down. No dead wood at the bottom, and all three currently in the bottom 3, could still get out of it.

Its going to be a great final third of the season, with many twists and turns. I can’t imagine anyone could pick the winners, euro spots and relegation places right now.

• Like 3

I

52 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

How good is it having a season with about 1/3 to go, and at least 3 teams will still fancy their chances of winning the league.

Everyone in the top half could still get a top four spot if they put a run together.

A couple more might fancy their chances of putting a run together and sneaking 7th.

Everyone in the bottom half could still go down. No dead wood at the bottom, and all three currently in the bottom 3, could still get out of it.

Its going to be a great final third of the season, with many twists and turns. I can’t imagine anyone could pick the winners, euro spots and relegation places right now.

Yup, it's actually quite an exciting season for the neutral. PL finally living up to its potential of being "the best in the world", perhaps?

Just typical we're probably not going to be very involved in either end of the league 😅. But I'd take that after the start to the season we had!

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
14 hours ago, Muzzy's lover said:

It is imperative that the whole league tries to keep the Saudis out of the Top 4 for as long as possible. As soon as they get CL football, they will be a shoe-in for Top 4 every season (see Man City). There are now three results i look out for every week since F$&@;( came back up. The whole league should be working collectively to stop Newcastle from breaking that ceiling. Every game against them for the other 14 should be like a cup final for the fairness of the league as a whole. 

Would you not want Leicester to be bought out by a mega rich Saudi owner? Someone who could bank roll making the club into a consistent top 6 club?

I suggest that most fans of most clubs would, possibly secretly, be over the moon with this proposition. 
If this were to happen at Leicester, I think there would be more objection to losing the Thais, than selling out to owners who originate from a country where human rights violations are an issue.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Nah, no way do they attempt another Premier League manager, who hasn’t done it at the very highest level. 
Their next manager, with the money they have will be someone who has either won the CL or multiple league titles in England, Spain, Italy or Germany. They’ll be throwing money at the best of the best.

I doubt Martin Allen would accept Wad Boehly’s offer.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Would you not want Leicester to be bought out by a mega rich Saudi owner?

Well I very much wouldn't.

Someone who could bank roll making the club into a consistent top 6 club?

Nope, not even then.

I suggest that most fans of most clubs would, possibly secretly, be over the moon with this proposition.

You're probably right. I'd be gone though. For me that would be the end of my club.

• Like 3

Watching the Newcastle v Liverpool game last night, and then the MOTD highlights this morning, it appears that commentators have settled on the pronunciation of the Liverpool player Bajcetic's name as "Badger-tits".

This amuses me.

57 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Would you not want Leicester to be bought out by a mega rich Saudi owner? Someone who could bank roll making the club into a consistent top 6 club?

If this were to happen at Leicester, I think there would be more objection to losing the Thais, than selling out to owners who originate from a country where human rights violations are an issue.

If we hadnt already completed football i might be inclined to an evil mega rich takeover but i wouldnt care either way now.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

We laugh at Everton record signings but our list isn't exactly top motch. Daka (still pending), Perez, Slimani are duds, and Soyuncu is OK ish. 

Screenshot_20230219_135654_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a8fbeca936c9b2576240c843f7368f15.jpg

Screenshot_20230219_135557_Chrome.thumb.jpg.944ac6b45b823141c3937d48969242b6.jpg

6 of our signings their were a success compared to 2 of Everton’s. The majority of those Everton signings absolutely stink 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

We laugh at Everton record signings but our list isn't exactly top motch. Daka (still pending), Perez, Slimani are duds, and Soyuncu is OK ish. 

Screenshot_20230219_135654_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a8fbeca936c9b2576240c843f7368f15.jpg

Screenshot_20230219_135557_Chrome.thumb.jpg.944ac6b45b823141c3937d48969242b6.jpg

Forgot about Sigurdsson. Football supporters like to banter each other with bad transfers and stuff but imagine your record signing being a nonce.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Just seen Haaland's miss x2 lollol

Shocking.

He’s paid that much to do one thing in life then come Saturday afternoon that happens….I was watching it on MOTD giving him my coaching advice….don’t lean back it’ll go over, head down…me advising Haaland how to finish, how does it come to that. If it was the Dog & Duck 4th team on a Sunday morning you’d still expect stick for those misses. I get that you can’t replicate match situations and pressures in training but he’s had and is destined for tougher challenges than Forest away! I put it down to frustration at the situation in the game and over eagerness, the opposite of composure.

56 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

6 of our signings their were a success compared to 2 of Everton’s. The majority of those Everton signings absolutely stink 

In fairness I think Onana looks class and they will sell him for a profit, Lukaku, Pickford and Richarlison were obvious successes. Iwobi has turned into a good player for them, albeit it not worth 30m, and not in the way they expected when he was signed. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

17 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Now I find myself wanting a Spurs win. What's football like eh?

I can definitely make myself do that today.  My buddy the newly minted “all-in” Hammers fan tipped me over the edge. 

Shows up in an oh-so-tasteful plain charcoal fleece with a tiny WHU badge.  Doesn’t get that you are supposed to stuff your middle-aged bod into a garish atrocity designed for a 150-pound footballer.

He needs to find out soonest that “all in” involves pain more acute than the price of a couple items from the team shop.

• Haha 1