Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Who ever wins the PL this season, I very much doubt we will here about what poor quality it has been. But it's generally way worse than when we won it.

Completely agree with this. It’s one of the poorer Man City sides we’ve seen for a while and yet they’re still title favourites having lost more games than we did in the title winning season. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Who ever wins the PL this season, I very much doubt we will here about what poor quality it has been. But it's generally way worse than when we won it.

I've thought this for a long time. 

The year after we won it, Chelsea pissed it , but nobody said they did because everyone else was shit

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

West Ham have been poor in the league for over a year.

Suffering same symptoms of ourselves in Europe. Just can’t build a squad of decent quality. 

Must admit seeing Newcastle out of that top 4 is satisfying. Liverpool will catch them. Done the same to us before. 

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I guess that all hands emergency meeting called by Howard Webb with his refs did bugger all for us this weekend 

did you not get sent the meeting minutes?

”guys, we are all going to make mistakes but you simply have to make sure they arent against the big 7. Remember if in doubt look at who’s rolling on the floor and if it’s someone high profile decide in their favour. 

Remember VAR has one job, find an excuse to make the decisions we want” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Everton Villa, Leeds Southampton, WHU Forest all next weekend. We really could do with a point against Arsenal.

Why? That won't make or break our season and all these other sides will have to play tougher sides at some point. Post-Arsenal our fixtures look broadly quite favourable.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Why? That won't make or break our season and all these other sides will have to play tougher sides at some point. Post-Arsenal our fixtures look broadly quite favourable.

They do but we won’t win them all and confidence is always a huge issue with this squad. Point against United or Arsenal is a huge bonus, don’t want to be going into April needing 4 wins to stay up. 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They do but we won’t win them all and confidence is always a huge issue with this squad. Point against United or Arsenal is a huge bonus, don’t want to be going into April needing 4 wins to stay up. 

I jus don't think we should be going into the Arse game thinking no points is the end of the world. 

Looking at the table reminded me how irrelevant being a supposed big club is. Brentford, Fulham and Brighton all in the top half, all three got 0 trophies between them. Everton, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham and ourselves 14th and below. Unless you're one of the top 6, you're irrelevant. Everton may have 11 million trophies and 200 consecutive years in the top flight but their ceiling is identical to Brighton's ceiling. Unless they win the lottery like Newcastle did.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Looking at the table reminded me how irrelevant being a supposed big club is. Brentford, Fulham and Brighton all in the top half, all three got 0 trophies between them. Everton, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham and ourselves 14th and below. Unless you're one of the top 6, you're irrelevant. Everton may have 11 million trophies and 200 consecutive years in the top flight but their ceiling is identical to Brighton's ceiling. Unless they win the lottery like Newcastle did.

It's a shame. But never forget what hope we gave supporters of all the those other teams. When we won the league I had "thank you" messages from so many friends who support non 6/7 football teams.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 2