Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

46 minutes ago, Koke said:

Looking at the table reminded me how irrelevant being a supposed big club is. Brentford, Fulham and Brighton all in the top half, all three got 0 trophies between them. Everton, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham and ourselves 14th and below. Unless you're one of the top 6, you're irrelevant. Everton may have 11 million trophies and 200 consecutive years in the top flight but their ceiling is identical to Brighton's ceiling. Unless they win the lottery like Newcastle did.

It’s all ££££££

Elliothedge.JPG.ddc834426d093afb9a51e9af3659fca8.JPG

Football Gods, PLEASE make this happen and attach these new leeches on top of the old leeches ...

* (unfortunately, the old leeches will finally drop sated off the body of that club as soon as the Qataris sign that ₤5 billion check)

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I am SHOCKED this didn't get more coverage... 

Very poor tackle. I'd love to see retrospective punishment for Kane though as that is quite simply cheating. I hate how lax the footballing world is when it comes to cheating in the form of diving. Yet Nick Pope gets a red for a momentary brain fart.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Very poor tackle. I'd love to see retrospective punishment for Kane though as that is quite simply cheating. I hate how lax the footballing world is when it comes to cheating in the form of diving. Yet Nick Pope gets a red for a momentary brain fart.

Kane is one of the biggest playactors going. Manufacturing contact, and feinging injury all the time, dramatically falling and rolling up in a ball holding his shins. But he has some sort of exemption from criticism and sanction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Kane is one of the biggest playactors going. Manufacturing contact, and feinging injury all the time, dramatically falling and rolling up in a ball holding his shins. But he has some sort of exemption from criticism and sanction.

I feel like almost all players have an exemption. It's just that there's only a few with the brass neck to repeatedly do it, knowing that the authorities really don't care about it.

Faking head injuries after clearing a set piece seems to be the new fad that players can get away with.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I feel like almost all players have an exemption. It's just that there's only a few with the brass neck to repeatedly do it, knowing that the authorities really don't care about it.

Faking head injuries after clearing a set piece seems to be the new fad that players can get away with.

Yes, there's an inherent dishonesty in nearly all of them. The poor application of the rules/laws doesn't help.

Just now, Arkie Bennett said:

Yes, there's an inherent dishonesty in nearly all of them. The poor application of the rules/laws doesn't help.

It's the refs I blame. Fabinho is usually allowed to massacre opposition players in the first half and won't get a booking. Fernandinho was the same. The application of the laws is really poor. Fernandes should have had a yellow for his blatant trip on Mendy yesterday. Gets away with it because it's early on. It's crap.

The annoying thing is that they're then really anal and love justifying decisions with VAR because they're correctly applying the rules (unless it's a Man U player)

Clearly a players personality/reptuation has a factor. 

Kane and Rashford both got players booked this weekend by exaggerating a tackle on them. Saka effectively did what Sabitzer did to Faes but on Villa's Moreno's ankle - no action, no foul. They have a reputation which leads to a bias. 

I also think the PL/PGMOL are isolationist in how they operate - only have to look at the World Cup and what they clamped now which led to a decent campaign on time wasting and playacting. Bar that Spanish clown in the Argentina v Netherlands game, sportsmanship was better. Rarely saw filthy tackles - which used to be something always evident in WCs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Clearly a players personality/reptuation has a factor. 

Kane and Rashford both got players booked this weekend by exaggerating a tackle on them. Saka effectively did what Sabitzer did to Faes but on Villa's Moreno's ankle - no action, no foul. They have a reputation which leads to a bias. 

I also think the PL/PGMOL are isolationist in how they operate - only have to look at the World Cup and what they clamped now which led to a decent campaign on time wasting and playacting. Bar that Spanish clown in the Argentina v Netherlands game, sportsmanship was better. Rarely saw filthy tackles - which used to be something always evident in WCs. 

I noticed on Twitter how all the Arsenal fans were complaining he gets targeted and has no protection.

Funny how fans see things differently depending on their bias !

Edited by Super_horns

18 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Why? That won't make or break our season and all these other sides will have to play tougher sides at some point. Post-Arsenal our fixtures look broadly quite favourable.

Because taking points off arsenal and hurting their title push would be absolutley fantastic. But that's the only reason. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I don't get it. 

Think it's taking the piss out of Tyler liking Man Utd, showing no excitement about Liverpool's goals and then realising while Pope's red favours Liverpool, it also favours Man Utd.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think it's taking the piss out of Tyler liking Man Utd, showing no excitement about Liverpool's goals and then realising while Pope's red favours Liverpool, it also favours Man Utd.

Let me guess, he's a Liverpool fan and he's salty that Sky Sports don't climb up their arse as much as BT? 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Let me guess, he's a Liverpool fan and he's salty that Sky Sports don't climb up their arse as much as BT? 

I do like fans of a media darling club complaining they aren't given enough respect and the entire press prefers other teams.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It's a fair point. I heard more excitment from Mowbray and Matterface for the French and Italian goals against England to knock them out of the euros and world cup than Tyler's given here.