Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

So Leeds appoint the failed Watford boss Garcia. Can't imagine many Leeds fans will be happy about this, you could say there were better targets out there available. Otherwise its "Leeds are falling apart again"

I think Gary Rowett would have been an interesting fit for Leeds, may never have managed in the top flight, but pretty other than his time at Stoke. He's always build a solid squad, that are hard to beat with limited means. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

So Leeds appoint the failed Watford boss Garcia. Can't imagine many Leeds fans will be happy about this, you could say there were better targets out there available. Otherwise its "Leeds are falling apart again"

I

He was probably one of the better recent managers we've had - well till we got to the Cup final and it all went wrong. 

I mean the bloke was able to last 18 months which is incredible!

Mind you bit different managing Watford to Leeds I know and he will need to get results straight away. 

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

He was probably one of the better recent managers we've had - well till we got to the Cup final and it all went wrong. 

Mind you bit different managing Watford to Leeds I know and he will need to get results straight away. 

I think that's usually the pattern at Watford start off well but then it seems to derail very quickly before you know it there out the door. Pearson was doing great job with Shakey got them in touching distance of survival, then they fired him. Which probably relegated them in the end, as I'm convinced if he stayed they wouldn't have gone down.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think that's usually the pattern at Watford start off well but then it seems to derail very quickly before you know it there out the door. Pearson was doing great job with Shakey got them in touching distance of survival, then they fired him. Which probably relegated them in the end, as I'm convinced if he stayed they wouldn't have gone down.  

That is a fair point - players just stop playing.

Maybe but our last 2 games were Man City and Arsenal so would have probably lost those anyway.

Think something certainly went on the dressing room after our vital defeat to West Ham but suspect it won't come out in public. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

That is a fair point - players just stop playing.

Maybe but our last 2 games were Man City and Arsenal so would have probably lost those anyway.

Think something certainly went on the dressing room after our vital defeat to West Ham but suspect it won't come out in public. 

I think they took hammering at home to Man City which didn't help things as I recall there goal difference before then was similar to Villa's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

18 months at Watford is like 25 years at any other club. He must be amazing lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think they took hammering at home to Man City which didn't help things as I recall there goal difference before then was similar to Villa's. 

Yes - mind you 4-0 wasn’t too bad compared to the 6-0 x 2 ,8-0,5-1 and 5-0 defeats !

Didn’t help Villa beat Arsenal the same day .

The lockdown for COVID affected us as the club weren’t prepared to come back and really wanted the season to end .

Pearson himself was unwell with the virus I think.

Edited by Super_horns

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Where does a leak like that come from?  Shows that all is very much not well at Chelsea and those who want potter out are trying to make his position untenable 

Poch still waiting for a specific job to become vacant it seems 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Wonder how much this will put up prices, watching football is already unaffordable, wonder how many more this will price out 

Its a bit misleading as it will see channels combined and current subscriptions stay in situ. There’s a chance it could be put on Eurosport but it is likely they remain labelled BT Sport. 

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

That's an understatement. If he can't keep them up he's probably not going to be there next season by mutual preference. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

If that same tackle had been on a Man U player they would have been rolling around on the ground as if they had lost a leg, and 5-6 other players would be all over the ref wanting a red card. We on the other hand just get up from tackles and get on with the game.

We need to wise up and start making the most of tackles instead of letting teams push us around, every one of the so called big 6 are at it game after game after game and referees like Attwell are doing nothing about it. 

Yep, I've said this for years, it's one of our biggest downfalls and it's worth a few points a season alone, which would have been enough to get us top 4 a few years back and we'd almost be safe already this season.

Combine this with a decent keeper and we'd be about 10th lol

from the BBC today:

both Sheikh Jassim and Ineos have received communication from the Raine Group asking them to stop making what they regard as vitriolic public statements including terms such as returning United to its "glory years", which they viewed as implied criticism of the Glazers.

lol     if that gives you a warm feeling ... it's probably all the piss boiling in Manchester ...

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Not the right thread but its also amazing that Bolton have gone from having a stadium named after rebok to Tough Sheet. 

Thats not even a joke... they are genuine calling their stadium Tough Sheet, after some manufacturer lol 

My immediate thought was.... 

UmgMq.gif

• Haha 4