Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Has any side ever got worse than 0.01 xG? In fact has anyone club this season bar ourselves gone a whole game without a shot, I don't think zero shots on target for us is a first either.

Nope, it's a record since xG first started being recorded.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has any side ever got worse than 0.01 xG? In fact has anyone club this season bar ourselves gone a whole game without a shot, I don't think zero shots on target for us is a first either.

Swansea had a game were their opponents (Huddersfield?) had a man sent off in the first half and their opponents had 0 shots (so would have had 0xG if it was recorded).

Watching the World Cup Final I couldn’t remember watching a game where a team took as long as France did (72 mins) to have a shot of any sort in 30+ years of watching football. 2 months later we are at it as well.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I said this to my dad earlier today. I'm sure there was a game last season we didn't even get any shots. 

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty sure on the radio they said first PL game since 2017 where xG was that low.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I used to like it when we were 'shit' and forgotten about only to upset the odds and give out bloody noses.

We're now that fucking boring and beige that we're genuinely a forgotten team for the wrong reasons. :crylaugh: 

Forest above us, Wolves on the same points, West Ham and Leeds a point behind us.

Why are we not listed? Surely we are in the running? I assume we are just behind West Ham on like 7/1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

History makers this season, one for Percy and the gang at The Telegraph to turn in to a positive when the opportunity arises.

The 0.01xg shows the Leicester player's dedication to only taking a shot when the time is right; these are players confident in their possession. They're not panicked into 30 yard speculations.

• Haha 1

So happy that Leicester city squad,is satisfied,with all these stats…

At least we are top of the table…

I mean why do they & manager believe they are in the game of football..
FFS,you could be bottom of the league,but some fight and spirit to at least attempt at playing football,wouldn’t go amiss..Even if he was boring it would better than 85% of the times we have ran out onto the field…

Rodgers was rightly fizzing and proud the other week,why can’t he get that intensity & commitment in other games…

obviously we played better opposition,but no excuse to offer zilch in their performance is bloody embarrassing….

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Paul "Merse" Merson- "The thing about Brendan Rodgers' teams is that they always have a go".

Pretty sure that's him getting cut off mid sentence:

"The thing about Brendan Rodgers' teams is that they always have a go-...oh never mind, they're just a bit shit at the moment, aren't they?"