Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Guest Col city fan

I think it’s clear which area Arsenal need to strengthen for them to become real contenders.

Xhaka and Partey are decent. But that’s all they are.

You can see why they’ve thought about Tielemans 

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Is that so, interesting

Just looked it up -- and they are apparently backtracking.

The Premier League will not be releasing the VAR audio of major decisions when the new season starts on Friday, sources have told ESPN.

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters had indicated that the conversations between the VAR and the referee would be made public to help supporters understand how decisions are made.

"Communication is absolutely key," Masters told Sky Sports. "The IFAB [football's lawmaker] rules prevent us from doing certain things, but in terms of listening to the VAR and the conversations they are having with the referees, it's something we will look at, and see whether that can be done post-match or on a delayed basis. But we need to look at that and decide what the right thing to do is."

However, ESPN sources have revealed that while it remains an ambition for the Premier League, there are no plans to release the audio from the beginning of the new campaign. FIFA, which is now in control of VAR globally, has strict guidelines over how and when any VAR audio can be made available. It cannot be broadcast live during a game, and only used afterwards as an educational tool.

PGMOL, the body that runs refereeing in the Premier League, is looking at ways for fans to be more informed over controversial decisions and the VAR conversations may be released later in the season, but it will not happen in the opening months.

• Thanks 1

I’d be so ****ed off if our first game of the season was Friday night. It would be nice if for at least the first weekend of the season everyone kicked off 3pm Saturday, that buzz of waking up Saturday morning knowing your going footy, meeting your mates for a few beers, mates you’ve probably not seen for a month or two since the last season ended. Us kicking off Sunday has pissed me off as it’s a completely different day now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Been a pretty decent watch so far. Arsenal I fancy for top 4 this season. 

With Jesus as a proper striker instead of the lazy shite they they had before, they're definitely in with a chance. Your think Arteta's time is up at Arsenal if they don't get it. Especially considering the amount they've spent. 

Gabriel and Saliba will be a good CB partnership too. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Been a pretty decent watch so far. Arsenal I fancy for top 4 this season. 

Disagree. A poor Palace side cut them open way too easily twice already and missed 2 chances that were easier to score than miss.

Think Arsenal started really well but have looked poor since their goal. Definitely don't see them as better than Liverpool, ManCity, Chelsea or Spurs.

Edited by Sampson

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Love how palace lost their diamond in midfield so the tactic now is to completely bypass it with hoofing it long 

Gallaghers progression wasn’t actually that impressive tbf. Good player tho.