Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Mint23 said:

Looking again at that second Spurs goal how the hell was Dier’s challenge for the header not looked at? He’s climbing all over the defender and has both hands on his shoulders for leverage. 

Mount wasn’t it. VAR went, ‘nah, f**k that’

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If Rodgers left us tomorrow the best standard of job he’d get is an Everton/West Ham/Villa. 

Exactly my opinion also. Oh, I'm watching Reims again now (vs Toulouse), this team is playing the most exciting football right now in Europe. Will Still is getting a big job for sure next summer. 

5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

True but did he really achieve anything in Brighton? They played some attractive football at times and that's it. They also had series of inconsistent games like we do with BR. We need a Spanish manager as they tend to be more creative tactically. 

They achieved a higher league position than us? And they're still there. Okay they didn't win anything but that's hardly the only benchmark. He seems like someone who given time could grow something, and that's exactly what we're not doing. Out of all the British managers, and we seem to go for them, he surely seems like the best bet.

Just now, Tuna said:

No chance either of these two goes for Rodgers lol

Sadly I agree.

Even if their interest were piqued by the media narrative that still risibly proposes Rodgers as ‘elite’, it would surely take only a simple analytical study of his many shortcomings (and results) over the past two years - or maybe even just a quick visit to this forum! - to persuade them to look elsewhere.

But then again Chelsea did appoint Potter, so you never know…

Chelsea a spitting image of the grass isn't always greener.

Out players suck, let's spend 600m 

Our Manger was great but he's lost it, sack him 

Same can be said for us. Sometimes it's better to stay the course a little longer and make smaller changes over time or over the summer vs once the season has started.

29 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If Rodgers left us tomorrow the best standard of job he’d get is an Everton/West Ham/Villa. 

Repeat after me

Rodgers is an elite manager

Our tight purse strings restrict his excellence

If you give him a beefy chequebook he'll win you trophies

Giving us money to release him would make whatever club did it rich

Edited by Foxxed

26 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

They achieved a higher league position than us? And they're still there. Okay they didn't win anything but that's hardly the only benchmark. He seems like someone who given time could grow something, and that's exactly what we're not doing. Out of all the British managers, and we seem to go for them, he surely seems like the best bet.

We were higher last season. This season of course it’s a very different matter but De Zerbi has really kicked them on. Massively jealous of that appointment, and exactly the sort of character we should be looking at to replace BR. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Would you swap Rodgers for Potter given Potters poor start? 

it’s an interesting one, If it had just been poor results,  probably yeah… but the fact it’s the exact same issue as brighton and the way his style just doesn’t seem to have an end product… it’s a lot more alarming. 

I think it would be a fair assumption to suggest that perhaps it wasn’t just potter doing a good job at brighton and more down to the fact the club were getting everything behind the scenes right. They provided the tools that perhaps made him look better than he was. 

30 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We were higher last season. This season of course it’s a very different matter but De Zerbi has really kicked them on. Massively jealous of that appointment, and exactly the sort of character we should be looking at to replace BR. 

So you're telling me it's a well run club rather than a great manager? Oh **** it. Just get Pearson back. I'm sick of all this. I'll at least enjoy his aggressive-aggressive post match interviews come win or loss.