Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

37 minutes ago, TheFish said:

PL don't care.

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

The PL clubs do care however:

Sadly not on any moral grounds they don't, they'll just be hoping they can get them on some technicality to weaken a rival - a rival who otherwise will blow most other clubs out of the water with their unlimited blood money.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Sadly not on any moral grounds they don't, they'll just be hoping they can get them on some technicality to weaken a rival - a rival who otherwise will blow most other clubs out of the water with their unlimited blood money.

Yep, would prefer it to be on moral grounds but if they've broken the rules, hopefully they get punished. 

• Like 1

No but it is true what he’s saying. The other day in my 10 year old’s practise session the other coaches were telling the boys to get into the numbered positions! Your number 6 your number 9 and 10 and so on. Flippin heck isn’t it a but early to start drowning them all in this terminology. They are still learning how the game works ffs. Basics please lol football is not complicated but some people are making it so it sounds good

9 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

No but it is true what he’s saying. The other day in my 10 year old’s practise session the other coaches were telling the boys to get into the numbered positions! Your number 6 your number 9 and 10 and so on. Flippin heck isn’t it a but early to start drowning them all in this terminology. They are still learning how the game works ffs. Basics please lol football is not complicated but some people are making it so it sounds good

Sorry, don't underestimate children..

As a 7 year old in primary school,we knew our field placings with numbers,we would converse who we thought through the league, was the best nr 9, or 7,then the backs 5 and 6.  Maybe the kids are wiser,than their parents...

Ten year old I expect more..with false 9,

Or even sweepers & not fixed  5 ,6 and floating 4...This is the vocabulary of football from the kids,some not so well educated,some doing well at school,and both sets will interface playing & discussing football and learn to be mates or just aquaintances,but from within themselves...

I have no idea where your coming from.

Young kids know their game, or live in some protected bowl..

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Its all just a sign of the times. 

We had positions like half back, left half, outside left.

Do wonder if there were old men in the 1970s moaning that the term wingers is used now rather than outside lefts or rights 

We didn't get confused..football was changing, I played left half,renamed wingback,without being a winger.

Inside forwards went through various changes, and kids followed that change,foreign football in cinemas & more reports in the media...Italy,Rumania,Hungary,

S.American country interchanged their formations.Wr kids at the time,and teacher coaches,were savvy,not some confused male Bimbo..

6-7 year olds, 7-8,8-10,then the big step,

10-12 year olds..Many played school or social-club football...would love Roy of the Rover,but also laugh and take the piss...

56 minutes ago, Guest said:

Ah talkSport, where Proper Blokes can monetise their bitterness at having been left behind by football

To be fair, the modern game is trying to baffle us by using big words like high press and low block.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

To be fair, the modern game is trying to baffle us by using big words like high press and low block.

Goals and assists?! Back in my day we just called it sticking the ball in the net and giving the ball to the bloke who then stuck it in the net. Don't kids spend a lot of time on their phones these days?

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I know bring back the number 1 and number 9 only, let the rest sort it out for them self

Seen that Steve Cooper has been ranting about Blackburn in relation to a failed move for Lewis O’Brien. 

He says they would ‘never treat a player like that’. What like signing the exact player you are talking about in the summer before signing like another 5 replacements for him in January then freezing him out the squad?

I have not idea what Blackburn did but Forest acting all high and mighty when it’s them who have de-railed the poor lads career by pissing him round in the first place winds me up!

Horrible club!

3 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Brighton got Caicedo to sign a new contract so will cash in big time in the summer. We can’t get players to do this which shows our issues at board level.

We did with Maguire.

The issue is with the player also. Say he signs a new contract and then nobody comes in for him, or the club hold out for more money. He’s then stuck?

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I mean he's clearly not first choice, I appreciate Klopp likes him enough to want the cover but he's getting on a bit and obviously wants more minutes. Not that much of a story. 

Reckon he'll go to Atletico Madrid or Juventus/one of the Milan clubs.

Edited by Wymsey

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We did with Maguire.

The issue is with the player also. Say he signs a new contract and then nobody comes in for him, or the club hold out for more money. He’s then stuck?

I would not sign it as a player at Brighton. I’d run it down and take the massive pay increase at a big club who paid a low fee.

Can’t speak for a player at Leicester as I see Leicester as the place 😉

but as a Leicester fan I want our staff to be proactive.