Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

14 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You are aware that the amount of time added on at the end is a minimum?

13 minutes ago, martyn said:

Adam Smith was down for a minute or so in injury time. Goal went in on 96.58.

No issue with the timekeeping on that one.

I have no issue with time being added on in extra time, however find it a little ironic that when we played them they only added on five despite their play acting delaying at least 7 minutes, and then the referee shows he’s adding on time when they are wasting time on the additional sub and he adds on all of 10 seconds and blows the whistle.

Make it consistent and not only when a big team needs a goal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

he’s played about 5 games!

Well he was injured for most of the season with Chelsea so no guarantee he'd be injured if he was still with........bloody hell who am I kidding. 

22 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I have no issue with time being added on in extra time, however find it a little ironic that when we played them they only added on five despite their play acting delaying at least 7 minutes, and then the referee shows he’s adding on time when they are wasting time on the additional sub and he adds on all of 10 seconds and blows the whistle.

Make it consistent and not only when a big team needs a goal.

Absolutely this. They don't apply it consistently.

• Like 1

Watching MOTD. 

A lot of fans of the "big" clubs like to mock other fans if they get a result by saying they celebrated like they won the league.

Well Arsenal did exactly that after beating lowly Bournemouth at home (as they should), with staff running on the pitch. They haven't won anything yet.

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Watching MOTD. 

A lot of fans of the "big" clubs like to mock other fans if they get a result by saying they celebrated like they won the league.

Well Arsenal did exactly that after beating lowly Bournemouth at home (as they should), with staff running on the pitch. They haven't won anything yet.

I'd love it to blow up in their faces. Annoyingly I think they might just do it

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Watching MOTD. 

FFS, come on a 97th minute winner in the title race, give them a break.

If you saw how the Yids fans celebrated  at the KP last season when they beat us late on it's similar to that.

It's called passion.

We MIGHT see it at KP one day from our own fans...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

If you saw how the Yids fans celebrated  at the KP last season when they beat us late on it's similar to that.

It's called passion.

I remember villa 2015 ….. coming back from 2 down to win 3-2 is massive in any context - the later the winner the more extreme the celebration 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Watching MOTD. 

We created an earthquake after beating a team who finished 19th seven years ago so we can't really mock.

You are correct but football is about moments. Self inflicted but they turned it around.

53 minutes ago, Raj said:

It's called passion.

Don’t you mean Tottenham or Spurs?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Koke said:

I dislike Arsenal like anybody else but scoring a 97th minute winner after being 2 down in a title race is worth all the running on the pitch and celebrating. This is football. Let people take joy in these moments however they see fit. I actually smile when I see football fans in pure euphoria and unbridled joy. Its lovely.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

It's called passion.

I completely agree. My point was they shouldn't mock other teams who celebrate beating them. 

I've come to the conclusion that Blud Fam FC are the worst fans online, they also think there's some massive referee conspiracy against them as if they havent had decisions so in favour of them. Quite impressive considering they have Liverpool and Spurs fans for competition.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I've come to the conclusion that Blud Fam FC are the worst fans online, they also think there's some massive referee conspiracy against them as if they havent had decisions so in favour of them. Quite impressive considering that have Liverpool and Spurs fans for competition.

I know Man City aren't a huge club and their fan base is tiny compared to their rivals but they genuinely have a big chip on their shoulder, they believe there's a large conspiracy against them. The FA, Premier League,  UEFA and Liverpool/ManUtd are out to destroy little poor Man City. 

Arsenal fans are weirdos but they also have a generation of supporters who only know Arsenal FC as a meme and a punchline, so they don't know how to process this success.

Tottenham are a strange club to support, really.

Plenty of hope from the media and supporters in terms of trophy/reaching cup final aspirations, for many seasons now, but fail to deliver on them - with fans getting used to this in the end.

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

Don’t you mean Tottenham or Spurs?

Oh sorry mr.woke I forgot the tottenham fans CAN sing Yid Army but no one can.

Hope that's not upset your day too much and you can get over it!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

Oh sorry mr.woke I forgot the tottenham fans CAN sing Yid Army but no one can.

Hope that's not upset your day too much and you can get over it!

It's unacceptable. Tottenham fans shouldn't use it, but your false equivalence is weak. Fundamentally, the word has been historically a derogatory slur.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Tottenham are a strange club to support, really.

Plenty of hope from the media and supporters in terms of trophy/reaching cup final aspirations, for many seasons now, but fail to deliver on them - with fans getting used to this in the end.

Then stop supporting them. Simples.