Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 hours ago, Foxoffice said:

The decline of premier league is apparent with sub standard coaches being hailed as the next wenger or fergies of this world not fit to polish there shoes, most now set up not to lose without a plan b if falling behind, the mediocre football dished out weekly is becoming a chore to watch, blackburns tactics last week were a breath of fresh air to watch, continuously on the front foot playing to the strengths of the team, let’s hope more teams impose the s%*t or bust attitude for the remainder of the season, rather than keep ball at the back whilst losing 1-0. 

I think it's become homogenised with teams tactically more or less the same depending on the opposition. It's hardly surprising when the coaches have all gone through the same training, on how to play the game and testing regime. 

Maybe you can join Forest in their official complaint as you have had a few tough calls not go your way .

Although have to say don’t remember anything particularly outrageously bad decision wise against them ?

https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/03/06/nottingham-forest-make-official-complaint-standard-referees/

36 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Maybe you can join Forest in their official complaint as you have had a few tough calls not go your way .

Although have to say don’t remember anything particularly outrageously bad decision wise against them ?

https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/03/06/nottingham-forest-make-official-complaint-standard-referees/

We ought to join in with them, after some of the comedy decisions we've had against us this seasons.

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

This kind of coverage is good to see.  The rodent has finally managed to destroy his own untouchability as a United player...

bfmeltdown.JPG.dbcf0b7da57c97052349ff4131ff2449.JPG

If you have the Athletic: https://theathletic.com/4279577/2023/03/06/bruno-fernandes-united-liverpool-meltdown/ 

I can’t reproduce it here, but a summary of his match says enough.

First foul: No minutes, 10 seconds

First complaint: Five minutes, 14 seconds

Bawling out a team-mate: Nine minutes, eight seconds

Minor tantrum: 53 minutes, six seconds

Bigger tantrum: 53 minutes, 46 seconds

Penalty claim: 69 minutes, five seconds

Flop to the floor: 69 minutes, 52 seconds

The only real bit of creativity: 72 minutes, 39 seconds

Push the assistant: 80 minutes, 43 seconds

Attempted hoof on Stefan Bajcetic, missing, giving up: 81 minutes, 42 seconds

Wander around doing nothing: Various times

To be fair, I saw that pic and wondered who had made him watch a video of our matches this season:devil:

Unless something untoward happened this seems potentially very harsh on Arsenal given the circumstances.

Surely if he had a problem with the celebrations should’ve booked players there and then?

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Unless something untoward happened this seems potentially very harsh on Arsenal given the circumstances.

Surely if he had a problem with the celebrations should’ve booked players there and then?

Wow what an absolute jobsworth Chris Kavanaugh is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

We ought to join in with them, after some of the comedy decisions we've had against us this seasons.

You guys had far more bad calls against you, probably the most this season. We've had a more against us than for us but not a sizable difference.

The Forest complaints are as bizarre as their fan base, I can remember 2 injustices they've had against them and at least 5 in their favour, not even including the play off final.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonezy said:

Ironic, that Forest complains about the refs, when good old Moss and his VAR team missed a stonewall penalty to Huddersfield in the playoff final. Still the standards really need to improve and the media are far to lenient, when weird decisoins goes against the not so big teams. 

I will still maintain, that the communication needs to be better. Let us hear the VAR discussions and interview the refs after games, so they can explain their decision making. Maybe that could educate us all and also highlight when a mistake is made and when a subjective decision is made.

I do agree.

The thing that doesnt sit comfortably with me is people in the stands being last to know on a decision. Know it was a goal against us but we knew it was given on TV before the fans in the ground did, in my view thats outrageously unfair on people who actually watch games in person and pay more per person then those at home.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Tom Huddlestone playing for Man Utd U21s at 36 tonight lol

Looked and he’s a player/coach for them. Strange.

There seem to be a few clubs doing that. Paul McShane and Jay Spearing are (or maybe were) in the same role at Utd and Liverpool respectively, and I think Brighton might have one too though the name escapes me. I think we might have had Dean Hammond doing it a few years ago?

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I only saw it once but should Toney have been off for that late challenge and (unintentional) boot to the Fulham player’s head? 

Think Brentford will struggle quite badly without talisman Toney when he receives a ban.