Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

If your team isn't taking any shots on goal, someone has to step forward and set an example.

:brendan_still:

That example has been set several times this season, aren't we the team with most own-goals? Proper lads.

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Brennan Johnson coming into his own now

Careful! You’ll get called a troll now, and MTWG will be posting dead “RonnieTodger likes Forest herp derp” jokes for many months to come. 

I agree though, and Cooper has proved himself this season. All that chaos behind the scenes, all those players coming in, and he still gets a system in place and tactics on point. They thoroughly deserve to stay up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Asha said:

I agree though, and Cooper has proved himself this season. All that chaos behind the scenes, all those players coming in, and he still gets a system in place and tactics on point. They thoroughly deserve to stay up. 

Completely disagree on the final sentence.

Why do they deserve to stay up? They've spend massive money and their squad management has been questionable, shown by their request to open up the 25-man squad close. 

If Forest stay up based on how they've gone about their spending, it sets a poor precedent for other teams. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Completely disagree on the final sentence.

Why do they deserve to stay up? They've spend massive money and their squad management has been questionable, shown by their request to open up the 25-man squad close. 

If Forest stay up based on how they've gone about their spending, it sets a poor precedent for other teams. 

Fair points. I'm thinking more about Cooper and the Forest players when I say 'they' rather than the owners/board etc.

On the pitch they've been everything we should be. Hard-working, passionate, adventurous. Our squad is much, much better than theirs but we can't be arsed most of the time and have a ****ing **** in charge so, yeah, they're above us in the league.

4 minutes ago, Asha said:

Fair points. I'm thinking more about Cooper and the Forest players when I say 'they' rather than the owners/board etc.

On the pitch they've been everything we should be. Hard-working, passionate, adventurous. Our squad is much, much better than theirs but we can't be arsed most of the time and have a ****ing **** in charge so, yeah, they're above us in the league.

Fair enough. They have that hunger of their first season back in the PL, we had the same in 2014. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Fair enough. They have that hunger of their first season back in the PL, we had the same in 2014. 

Yep, and the following season of course! I miss that.

Forest will be massive favourites for the drop when that PL novelty wears off. 

Jack Grealish has signed a five-year contract with PUMA at around $12 million in each season, making it the most expensive agreement ever signed by a British player.

Crazy, puts you off buying Puma products but I guess all these big sports suppliers are paying out massive sums to already overpaid sports people.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Jack Grealish has signed a five-year contract with PUMA at around $12 million in each season, making it the most expensive agreement ever signed by a British player.

Crazy, puts you off buying Puma products but I guess all these big sports suppliers are paying out massive sums to already overpaid sports people.

i don’t get it at all. Nobody is buying puma gear because of jack grealish 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I would imagine a lot of kids probably will

be 

$60m's worth over 5 years?

The only plus is the Taxman will take a good chunk of it although I'm sure he's paying some big £s out for a top level accountant to keep it to a minimum, which is his right of course.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Asha said:

50% of the time. They are utter rotten away from home. 

• Like 1

All the teams around us deserve nothing until the season is done. Too many ups and downs to be given any plaudits. Just like us! What’s the points of hammering villa and spuds and then we lose to the likes of Southampton. Too much inconsistency all around -  the teams that will survive relegation will be the the ones that manage a better run of results be it draws or all wins or wins and draws. At this point losing anymore games could prove catastrophic. 
a case of who blinks first. I just pray to god it’s not us. Tired of saying every week this is a must win game. We just need to go on a good run now someway somehow despite the injuries it’s the only way we are gonna survive. Forget about everything else until the end of the season (top, Rogers, transfers, money, stadium, players, injuries etc etc) one thing only to focus everyone on:  SURVIVAL!

I see Florist are getting upset with the Officials in the Premier League going to the PGMOL complaining of the totally poor Biased incompetence of their officials both on the Pitch and VAR, Welcome back to the Premier League Florist now you know how 34 teams in this League feel !!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

I see Florist are getting upset with the Officials in the Premier League going to the PGMOL complaining of the totally poor Biased incompetence of their officials both on the Pitch and VAR, Welcome back to the Premier League Florist now you know how 34 teams in this League feel !!:rolleyes:

expanding the league to 40 teams is a novel way of guaranteeing safety, I'll give you that 

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Their place in the PL came courtesy of officiating incompetence in the play-off final.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

We had a Leicester fan ref us v Everton and a lot of people objected to it.  Lad behind me said he’d been reffed by him in non-league 10 years ago and described as a ‘dyed in the wool bin-dipper’.  

To be honest he was bad all round rather than particularly anti-Forest 

• Haha 2