Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who you're playing in the run in is pretty irrelevant, it's what those teams have to play for that we should be looking at, especially in the last 5 or 6. 

Our great escape was greatly helped by playing mid table teams with nothing to play for.

Looking at our isn't pretty at all. Newcastle, Liverpool and Fulham chasing Europe. West Ham, Leeds, Wolves could all be in the scrap. Not good.

Obviously anything can happen in any game, but I think the run of 7 games between the Brentford and Fulham games will decide our fate

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

How is this news?

Still makes me laugh that clubs will happily advertise beer and sell it, but cocaine is considered this magical drug that is the cause of all evil lol

I do wonder how long the old fashioned view on drugs will continue for. Feels like we're a good few decades off people realising that dickheads are dickheads and it's not some white powder turning proud upstanding citizens into thugs.

yeah cos prohibition is proven to be so successful !

legalise, control, tax.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

How is this news?

Still makes me laugh that clubs will happily advertise beer and sell it, but cocaine is considered this magical drug that is the cause of all evil lol

I do wonder how long the old fashioned view on drugs will continue for. Feels like we're a good few decades off people realising that dickheads are dickheads and it's not some white powder turning proud upstanding citizens into thugs.

Can’t quite agree with your assessment on cocaine, perhaps cannabis. But there’s double standards certainly, advertising alcohol when it can contribute to anti-social behaviour. Nonetheless, cocaine is vile and is normally the tipping point for idiots to go completely off the edge. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

How is this news?

I agree it's not really newsworthy but cocaine is 10x worse than Alcohol imo. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Can’t quite agree with your assessment on cocaine, perhaps cannabis. But there’s double standards certainly, advertising alcohol when it can contribute to anti-social behaviour. Nonetheless, cocaine is vile and is normally the tipping point for idiots to go completely off the edge. 

21 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I agree it's not really newsworthy but cocaine is 10x worse than Alcohol imo. 

I can't really agree, it'll increase the chance of dicks behaving more like dicks, but so does too much alcohol.

I've got tonnes of friends that use it and weirdly they don't turn into violent slobbering neanderthals, they're just more talkative.  The odd occasion I've joined in I've also not felt some burning desire to go and rip someones throat out and throw chairs at people.

Maybe people should be made to take psychology tests before being allowed to take certain substances that lower inhibitions :D

Cannabis certainly gets a far harsher rap than it deserves though, that's definitely true.

46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I can't really agree, it'll increase the chance of dicks behaving more like dicks, but so does too much alcohol.

I've got tonnes of friends that use it and weirdly they don't turn into violent slobbering neanderthals, they're just more talkative.  The odd occasion I've joined in I've also not felt some burning desire to go and rip someones throat out and throw chairs at people.

Maybe people should be made to take psychology tests before being allowed to take certain substances that lower inhibitions :D

Cannabis certainly gets a far harsher rap than it deserves though, that's definitely true.

Okay you and your friends continue taking it. Have fun.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

How is this news?

Couldn't agree more.

Alcohol is nothing else but a legal, widely-accepted drug.

I don't often agree with Lineker but he has his view, he's not a political journalist, a news presenter, don't see why he should step back. And I would say this if he had the opposite view (which, to be honest, the right wing press would laud him for).