Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Ian Wright has stepped down from presenting tomorrow as well.

I hope they all do! 

Cut to us winning a game but there’s no MOTD as no one is presenting

Edited by Unabomber
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sky Sports having been wanting Gary for years. An opportunity may soon appear. Imagine Super Sunday being presented by Gary.

Wouldn't Sky have exactly the same reaction to his tweet?

Folk have to remember what is Lineker employed by the BBC for. 

Of course, he is entitled to his opinion but he must have known his outspokenness would have got him into trouble sooner or later.

Perhaps being the clever chap he is this has all been done by design so he gets a big fat redundancy pay out.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's become a joke. It's dictatorship when tories are pretty much allowing this to happen. 

Spot on.

Who's going to agree to being a pundit and host now for MOTD this weekend? Pressure will be on for others to pull out as well. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Of course, he is entitled to his opinion but he must have known his outspokenness would have got him into trouble sooner or later.

Perhaps being the clever chap he is this has all been done by design so he gets a big fat redundancy pay out.

He is freelance and not actually on the their pay roll.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

No , the government doesn't control Sky. Its the threat to the license fee that scares the BBC bosses.

Have you ever watched Sky News? They're just as bad as the BBC. I guess they may use this as a publicity stunt and get him in if Lineker is sacked though.

Not watched MOTD in years, BBC may be seeing an opportunity to get rid of Gary's wages. Does MOTD Even need presenters and pundits, just show the highlights for each game. 

Obviously it's ridiculous and so typical of life these days. I don't even know what he said, don't agree with him all the time but he's entitled to an opinion. Sky sports getting rid of Gary Neville? 

People getting offended for no reason I'm sure. 

6 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

He’s not a BBC employee. And freelancers don’t get redundancy pay outs.

1 minute ago, TJQuik said:

Have you ever watched Sky News? They're just as bad as the BBC. I guess they may use this as a publicity stunt and get him in if Lineker is sacked though.

I have to admit I never read daily newspapers or watch TV news. Sky do not have to crawl like the BBC so they should be free to criticise this government or any government for that matter.

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He is freelance and not actually on the their pay roll.

I don't wish to split hairs but he is paid extremely handsomely by the Beeb for what he does on a Saturday night.

He has been top of the BBC 'Top Earners List' for the last 5 years!!

The tail wagging the dog again with Auntie Beeb, they are still too afraid of the right-wing press, even though fewer and fewer are buying it.  As most of the pundits are in cahoots with this cabal of so-called free press( generally owned by non-doms), I don't expect many to fall on their sword in support of Lineker, due to their ghost-written columns in the papers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hope he doesn't get cancelled fully from MOTD. It would set a dangerous precedent. 

Ironic that a lot of hardcore right wing love free speech. 

But not this kind of free speech obviously lol lol

Yeah, right-wing snowflakes! I thought that was meant to be millennials lol

It's about fairness isn't it? Lineker penalised for posting his views on social media. The next day Fiona Bruce dismisses Stanley Johnson breaking his wife nose as a 'one off' with no repercussion. Alan Sugar is famous for Tweeting his pro-Tory views on more or less a daily basis. He said outright he backed Johnson for PM and yet, nothing. Impartial? Okay.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

I would have thought this is more damaging to the BBC's perceived impartiality than basically anything Lineker could think to tweet

It's wild how they've made this their top story for so many days - it's been self-damage on a ridiculous scale. 

You can't imagine any other broadcaster doing the same. 

Don't agree with what Lineker said but he shouldn't be punished for his political views  - he's a sports broadcaster!

And it's so hypocritical when the likes of Lord Sugar are still allowed on the BBC. 

• Like 2