Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

It's about fairness isn't it? Lineker penalised for posting his views on social media. The next day Fiona Bruce dismisses Stanley Johnson breaking his wife nose as a 'one off' with no repercussion. Alan Sugar is famous for Tweeting his pro-Tory views on more or less a daily basis. He said outright he backed Johnson for PM and yet, nothing. Impartial? Okay.

Claire Balding's pro Tory tweets too.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

The big question is...

Who will step into Lineker's shoes then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557

Whether one agrees with Linekers remarks...I resent that BBC,and politicians want to close down any presenter or TV promi, That air their views...Even ex Kfz, politicians.This is a free speech country & Linekers and such TV presenters,should actually be protected from their bosses, and they not demanding he should keep his mouth shut...That goes for journalist seeking headlines or politician wanting to hang on to an ill-advised campaign against .On people having their say.

Gary maybe rein in some outbursts,but still carry on dishing the odd one out,everybody should be allowed to have their world-view say,no matter what they normally present..

Be carefull BBC or you become a government Puppet , & security police..

Their actions stink of Nazis,pushing  first their own people down,then spreading through Europe

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I don't wish to split hairs but he is paid extremely handsomely by the Beeb for what he does on a Saturday night.

He has been top of the BBC 'Top Earners List' for the last 5 years!!

Yeah but he is self employed, they wouldn't make him redundant. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Unfortunately BBC have long since had a rule of remaining somewhat neutral. They’ve never been against someone believing and voicing  concern about a humanitarian cause.. but the moment you start taking shots at a political party is when you break the neutrality clause in your contract.

on top of that, you then start criticizing your boss. You just can’t do that. 

it’s almost like he was looking for ways to get out of his contract. I don’t think he liked working for the BBC anymore :(

Missing the point...he should not be prevented,in a fee speech country in airing his views..

Remember how this government works.

Breaking everrule they make & then steam rolling over everybody who trust to deny them 

Then have media cronies who attack all shapes of criticism. Welcome home here in Britain Mr Goebbels & his campaigns..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Is the Sharp guy at the top of BBC still being investigated into his donations to the Tory party? 

im Not sure I understand the point you are making here?

surely people understand the difference between what someone does privately with their money and what someone does publicly that is out of line with their contract? It’s a stupid rule,  it’s a stupid contract clause, but he signed it, so I don’t understand the outcry..

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Missing the point...he should not be prevented,in a fee speech country in airing his views..

Remember how this government works.

Breaking everrule they make & then steam rolling over everybody who trust to deny them 

Then have media cronies who attack all shapes of criticism. Welcome home here in Britain Mr Goebbels & his campaigns..

im really not. Yes it’s a stupid rule but it was there when he signed his contract.it’s not like it’s been secretly included.

BBc bosses be aware very aware,of your actions,majority of people will not like others being dictated too,no matter what Draconian & dangerous contracts you might like to enforce...or are you all having Cannabis moments & orgies,with your best friends..

Mein Herr!!

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

im really not. Yes it’s a stupid rule but it was there when he signed his contract.it’s not like it’s been secretly included.

Doesn't change a thing on Britain's right of free speech,no matter how a contract is made up...

That's no excuse or cop out...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

im Not sure I understand the point you are making here?

surely people understand the difference between what someone does privately with their money and what someone does publicly that is out of line with their contract? It’s a stupid rule,  it’s a stupid contract clause, but he signed it, so I don’t understand the outcry..

So if he signed a contract saying they were allowed to remove his nuts, they'd be well within their right to do so?

On 09/03/2023 at 13:44, Asha said:

No idea what an incel is but this post just screams Wales being shit at rugby and so you’re lashing out at randoms on the internet. 

What is this? Are you all in the same backgammon club or something? 

Bloody hell, thank god I've got plenty of damp rags to apply to the affected area after this burn.

• Haha 3