Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Add to this that Attenborough shows are not being aired as they tell the truth about how we're destroying biodiversity and the country as it might upset right wing groups who can't handle the truth.

Right now telling the truth is a revolutionary act. And that's not an exaggeration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Add to this that Attenborough shows are not being aired as they tell the truth about how we're destroying biodiversity and the country as it might upset right wing groups who can't handle the truth.

Right now telling the truth is a revolutionary act. And that's not an exaggeration.

That's a none story I'm afraid, they were always supposed to be iPlayer only. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Commentators considering a boycott now - the highlights will just be sound 😂

Commentators are boycotting. Players have stated they'll not be doing interviews either, according to the PFA.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

That's a none story I'm afraid, they were always supposed to be iPlayer only. 

Is this true?

I was under the impression that five episodes were to be broadcast on BBC One, but the sixth was designated iPlayer only (for possibly the reasons described above)?

11 hours ago, MPH said:

im Not sure I understand the point you are making here?

surely people understand the difference between what someone does privately with their money and what someone does publicly that is out of line with their contract? It’s a stupid rule,  it’s a stupid contract clause, but he signed it, so I don’t understand the outcry..

So if you sign a contract,that you agree to Govt.intervention…

That makes a contract fine…

.Impartiality has many sides and political implications.

one can’t be forced just to  say yes sir….

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

So if you sign a contract,that you agree to Govt.intervention…

That makes a contract fine…

.Impartiality has many sides and political implications.

one can’t be forced just to  say yes sir….

when it’s like people claiming free speech and then objecting when someone says something bad on Twitter .. now hang on a minute.. you were claiming free speech yesterday and want them banned/sacked today? It works both ways it’s either free speech for all or for none. You can pick and choose  who has free speech otherwise it’s not free speech is it. If you knowingly sign a contract saying you’ll behave in a certain way, well, you knowingly signed that contract..

Edited by MPH

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Is this true?

I was under the impression that five episodes were to be broadcast on BBC One, but the sixth was designated iPlayer only (for possibly the reasons described above)?

Yes the 5 episodes were to be broadcast. The 6th was a separate RSPB/WWF funded programme by the same team. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yes the 5 episodes were to be broadcast. The 6th was a separate RSPB/WWF funded programme by the same team. 

The whole series received funding from those organisations. Not just the one episode. I’d argue it’s very telling, normally series are broadcast in 6 episodes. The BBC would normally try and put anything with Attenborough out on television, rather than just streaming services.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Ah, I see.

Thanks for the clarification, but having heard that I'm inclined to suspicion in the same way as @westernpark above. In any case, the RSPB and WWF are hardly bastions of activism and biodiversity is hardly a political issue anyway - it's everyone's concern.

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Who is actually going to be on it 

Attenborough on Vardy would be something. 

‘and here we see a real predator of the football field, unfortunately for Jamie, his time has passed. Younger, more potent threats challenge his position as the leader of his tribe…’