Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Given their owner has a list of football-related crimes as long as your arm,complaining about refereeing decisions against them (especially after the play off farce in their favour) is incredible if not embarrassing.

Apparently Spurs had a very tight offside call go against them though .

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

If going into the bottom 3 (again) costs Rodgers his job, then it's a worthwhile sacrifice. 

Yep. If that's what needs to happen to trigger it then I'd rather it be now than when it's too late.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If going into the bottom 3 (again) costs Rodgers his job, then it's a worthwhile sacrifice. 

We will be relegated and he will still be here..

Given our next fixtures and we've got to play all the teams around us, this has to be the point they pull the trigger.

I can handle the run of four losses IF they're all to top sides. But we lost a six pointer to Southampton, who did the double over us. Has to go if we end the day equal points with a relegation team. 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

See two potential benefits of going into the bottom three, either

• Rodgers is fired or falls on his sword (I know), or
  • The team picks up form due to wanting to survive (or play for their next move)

:fc:

• Thanks 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Southampton miles better than us

One thing they’ve got with all the youngster investment is running and stamina, will stand them in good stead for the run in. 

53 minutes ago, KingsX said:

How come I never felt this same sense of inevitability in 2015/2016?

It only works one way.

Because even when we were losing that season we had fight and a will to win.

You could not have a worse man to take you into a relegation fight than rodgers.

we are ****ed.

• Like 3

I've just seen Fabio Vieira trip over his own feet a good 2 yards from any Fulham player, and still get a free kick. Standard of refereeing gets worse.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1