Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I thought Arsenal would have bottled it by now. Is they are 5pts clear with 5 left to play I reckon they are home and dry.

They're only going to win it because my other half decided to stop supporting them (for this season at least). :P 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

you’re delusional if you think we will finish anywhere near wolves.  They’re definitely the strongest of the crop in this fight imo 

Well they haven't exactly killed it over the last 5 games. 1 more point than us or so? Both had some tough games in there but possession and shots mean fook all if you aren't picking up points. 

What i am getting at is that clearly there are a bunch of clubs (wolves included) who have just as much a chance of dropping points than we do. The league is so "shite competitive" this season and whoever can be less shite is what it will come down to. Of course, as city fans we might not be feeling too hot about our chances but until we are buried there is hope.

I don't disagree that wolves might seem the better bet though.

Side note, fook wolves. Sorry @The Bear

Lol.

• Haha 1

Christ if our fate is truelly going to be determined on the last game of the season I don’t think many of us will literally survive the sheer stress of it all myself included. It’s been a few years since we endured anything like this sort of peril. We are not ready and that spells real trouble. We don’t even look or feel like the team during the great escape. I just don’t know what we are it’s a really weird and foreign feeling. How do we snap out of this voodoo.

39 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Christ if our fate is truelly going to be determined on the last game of the season I don’t think many of us will literally survive the sheer stress of it all myself included. It’s been a few years since we endured anything like this sort of peril. We are not ready and that spells real trouble. We don’t even look or feel like the team during the great escape. I just don’t know what we are it’s a really weird and foreign feeling. How do we snap out of this voodoo.

step 1 sack the fraudulent cnut...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree. The facts are  we have to  outperform 3 of the worst 8 in the division (even allowing for those currently ahead) and we'll almost certainly survive. 

Out of those 8, we probably have the most talented squad, which kinda helps. 

Imo, so long as a) we start selecting a keeper and b) we avoid selecting Soumare, Tete and Thomas (even as subs) , we'll survive. It really is that simple. 

I'm not totally convinced by this "we have the most talented squad" argument. A lot of our players like Ndidi, Vardy, Evans and even Ricky and Tielemans are either in decline or barely able to play two games in a row. Even our biggest talent Madders has a question mark over availability. And much of our squad - Amartey, Faes, KDH, Ward, Soumare, Castagne, Praet, Mendy etc are OK on their best day (although many would disagree) but better than the rest? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Got to laugh at people pretending this version of MOTD is better

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How on Earth was Pope not sent off against Wolves? Swear each week we're seeing more and more bad calls

The only thing I took from MOTD was that without pundits and post match analysis, we wouldn’t have VAR …..

23 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How on Earth was Pope not sent off against Wolves? Swear each week we're seeing more and more bad calls

Newcastle got loads of money now so that entitles them to favourable decisions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Even Peter Walton has come out and said it should have been a penalty. 

When he goes against the ref you know it's a shit decision!

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

And Dermot Gallagher.

He has gone against the refs a bit more recently though - maybe the ones that were his mates have left so he finds it easier to criticise younger ones ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

This is likely recency bias, but we seem to be having a huge influx of extremely poor or contentious officiating. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I know Newcastle fans that think they got lucky with the decisions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

And Dermot Gallagher.

He has gone against the refs a bit more recently though - maybe the ones that were his mates have left so he finds it easier to criticise younger ones ?

It happens with pundits too doesnt it?

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I know Newcastle fans that think they got lucky with the decisions.

From what I have seen  yes 

Eddie Howe of course didn’t..

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

It happens with pundits too doesnt it?

They find it easier to blame younger refs ?

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

From what I have seen  yes 

Eddie Howe of course didn’t..

They find it easier to blame younger refs ?

Pundits slating younger players. Stevie G and Ole got away with murder with pundits since they're from the same era while the players were thrown under a bus by the same pundits.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Surely once DCL is back for Everton they're gonna shoot up the table abit?

Reckon you'll have a couple of teams who will pull themselves above 30 points by the time we finish playing Bournemouth.

is he no longer a sh*te fraud? 

Haaland on 28 goals. ****ing hell. He needs 5 more to break the record. 

And once again Harry Kane is in 20 PL goals. Kane will only get the respect he deserves after he retires. The man is amazing. 

• Like 2

West ham keep finding a way to grind out a point. We keep losing games that we should  be winning but worse we can’t even see out a draw. Watching the table and everyone starting to shift above us is like death by a thousand paper cuts. 
nothing less than s win and 3 points against brentford. High time this team showed some fight determination to win at all costs.

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Kane has near universal respect doesn't he? Obviously fans of rival clubs are going to give him abuse on social media but that's what social media is. 

Think in the real world pretty much everyone acknowledges Kane is excellent. 

apart from a rump of our fans that think its a good idea to boo him ...........