Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

apart from a rump of our fans that think its a good idea to boo him ...........

But again that's just football fans being football fans. I assume if you asked most of them outside the ground if he was a good striker they'd all say yes. 

• Like 2

On 13/03/2023 at 09:45, UniFox21 said:

How on Earth was Pope not sent off against Wolves? Swear each week we're seeing more and more bad calls

No idea why he wasn't sent off, but I'm not going to complain. Thought we deserved the win on the balance of play, but if he gets sent off there... who knows.

17 hours ago, Koke said:

Haaland on 28 goals. ****ing hell. He needs 5 more to break the record. 

And once again Harry Kane is in 20 PL goals. Kane will only get the respect he deserves after he retires. The man is amazing. 

Since Kane got into the Spurs team as a regular he hasn't scored less than 17 goals, his record is unreal.

I'd like to see him move to be in a good team. The three seasons Spurs finished in the top 3 he scored 25, 29, 30. Mad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Since Kane got into the Spurs team as a regular he hasn't scored less than 17 goals, his record is unreal.

I'd like to see him move to be in a good team. The three seasons Spurs finished in the top 3 he scored 25, 29, 30. Mad.

He’s truely a great, underrated….Plays for wrong club that’s able to land those coveted trophies….Deserves better. Love to see him at Napoli type club,or even

now a growing Manutd with Rashford….or even L‘pool…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

No idea why he wasn't sent off, but I'm not going to complain. Thought we deserved the win on the balance of play, but if he gets sent off there... who knows.

I’m guessing that the balance of play would have been different if he’d been sent off so you probably wouldn’t have deserved the win ….

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Koke said:

Haaland on 28 goals. ****ing hell. He needs 5 more to break the record. 

And once again Harry Kane is in 20 PL goals. Kane will only get the respect he deserves after he retires. The man is amazing. 

The only reason he's not getting respect is because he's not won anything. He will be a great in the same way the Matt Le Tissier is unless he moves somewhere and gets something to show for it. 

I really hope he does, because his career deserves it but at present... he's just wasing his talent.   That last deal he signed was just awful 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The only reason he's not getting respect is because he's not won anything. He will be a great in the same way the Matt Le Tissier is unless he moves somewhere and gets something to show for it. 

I really hope he does, because his career deserves it but at present... he's just wasing his talent.   That last deal he signed was just awful 

I suspect he knows that tbf, hence trying to get out last summer (or whenever he did that very public interview with Gary Neville playing golf).

Man City looking to conduct more butchery to their stadium and increase capacity to 60k.

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/populous-and-manchester-city-fc-reveal-stadium-expansion-proposals

This is why planning for expansion longer term is important - this thing is gonna look rough as fvck, even with the experts they're employing.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

When was the last time players KDB or salah got unwarranted stick at the KP like kane does ?  

we boo kane as soon as he touches the ball - it’s just weird 

People around me boo KDB all game every game whilst shouting abuse at him for going down and how he talks to the ref tbf. Wether it's round the ground as a whole I dunno because it's loud round me. 

Kane isn't funnily enough though. 

I personally reserve my boos for brendan 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 hour ago, lfu said:

Some good news for us. Palace are without a fit senior GK - Guaita picked up a hamstring injury, and their backup Sam Johnstone is still out with a calf injury.

https://theathletic.com/4312501/2023/03/15/vicente-guaita-injury-crystal-palace/

Their own fault for loaning Butland to Man Utd. Butland doesn't even make their bench most weeks, so totally pointless

Edited by Facecloth

56 minutes ago, lfu said:

Some good news for us. Palace are without a fit senior GK - Guaita picked up a hamstring injury, and their backup Sam Johnstone is still out with a calf injury.

https://theathletic.com/4312501/2023/03/15/vicente-guaita-injury-crystal-palace/

And just like at the Saints match im sure we will be peppering the keeper with shots all game. 

1 hour ago, lfu said:

That's pretty shocking going into the second half of the season with two registered keepers.