Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Hate to say this but how can F*rest be 3 times most likely to be relegated than us when we've got 2 fewer points than them and they've not lost at home since September.

Probably because of their goal difference. They are good at home but they are shocking away and still have to go to Villa, Liverpool, Brentford and Chelsea.

On 14/03/2023 at 15:39, st albans fox said:

I’m guessing that the balance of play would have been different if he’d been sent off so you probably wouldn’t have deserved the win ….

Yeah maybe, but we'll never know. I mean we've seen 10 men do well against 11, especially on the counter, something that Newcastle team would have been very good at. 

Genuinely excited to see Isak and Bruno grow their understanding. This was the first time we've seen the new spine of Botman, Bruno and Isak start the game and we looked very good.

8 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

I guess it’ll change week by week quite dramatically, lose say 3 of the next 4 games and we’ll be at 90%. Conversely we could win the next 4 games and suddenly find ourselves on 36 points 

:nigel:

14 hours ago, Manini said:

Palace haven’t won since NYE and haven’t scored in their last 4. They’re as bad as anyone right now you know. 

i posted 2 games ago saying on paper they would likely lose the next 3 before they play us. A real chance to leap frog them if they keep their manager (probably the final mail in his coffin if he lost that) 

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i posted 2 games ago saying on paper they would likely lose the next 3 before they play us. A real chance to leap frog them if they keep their manager (probably the final mail in his coffin if he lost that) 

They could pull the trigger on Viera over the international break but I can’t see them sacking him after Arsenal (assuming they lose). I think it could be decision time for both Rodgers and Viera if they’re both still in post when we play each other. 

On 11/03/2023 at 10:18, Lambert09 said:

southampton fans must be fuming that tella is smashing it at burnley while theyre missing a player like him 

got a hattrick last night while they are looking blunt yet again.  

We may make a lot of horrible decisions but none as bad as this. It’s going to be the one that costs southampton their prem stays imo!  

They focus on getting man city reserves rather than looking at the gems they’ve produced. 

Edited by Lambert09

17 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

how? they were getting battered every week before he got sacked

In terms of position now and when he went.

I acknowledge that Bielsa' strategies led to them being wide open, but they've hardly improved after him - have they ?

They should've chosen a proven manager over ti,e instead of Marsch and this new manager at the helm now (although Garcia did OK at Watford).

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, DarkTranquillity said:

Nice to see Arsenal summon their inner Leicester tonight! P*ss around with the ball in silly areas, can't make a 5 yard pass, concede and go on to lose.

It's the modern way. I expect that they don't really give a shit. They'll qualify through the league and might even win it. What do trophies mean these days?  (obviously a lot to the fans - but they don't really matter)

19 hours ago, Manini said:

They could pull the trigger on Viera over the international break but I can’t see them sacking him after Arsenal (assuming they lose). I think it could be decision time for both Rodgers and Viera if they’re both still in post when we play each other. 

Trigger pulled....