Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

32 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I didn't see that coming. Despite them being a bit shit and massively over-rated when people talk about them sometimes. 

I think given they're in a position where they probably only need a couple of wins, makes sense to give someone 8-10 games before the end of the season and then a full pre season to work out what they need. 

Listening to radio one on the way to work this morning, reports of a premier league managerial sacking, cue the excitement..

”Now onto sport and that big bit of news this morning, Cryst” *turns radio off*

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I imagine Viera would be someone our board would look to appoint in readiness for the Championship next year. As Rodgers certainly won't be sticking around once we drop.

Let's hope not, on both counts

Edited by Lako42

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm not sure I can cope with the media justifying Viera's sacking but slating us for even doubting Rodgers when our drop off has been ten times worse.

Edited by Union FS

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

That’s Palace that will pull out of trouble in the coming weeks then….including a win over us no doubt.

I read a piece in the Athletic which found changes at this stage of the season have very little effect - there may be an immediate bounce but it goes away quickly.

Out of something like the previous 20 managers leaving from March onwards, only 3 clubs moved up places (and that by only one spot) and 3 clubs moved down a place. The rest stayed exactly where they were. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I read a piece in the Athletic which found changes at this stage of the season have very little effect - there may be an immediate bounce but it goes away quickly.

Out of something like the previous 20 managers leaving from March onwards, only 3 clubs moved up places (and that by only one spot) and 3 clubs moved down a place. The rest stayed exactly where they were. 

clubs are usually down the bottom because they are shit, not just because the manager is a raging helmet.

we'd buck this trend for sure.

as I expect will Everton.

12 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I saw a stat yesterday & i know FT loves a stat so, of the 39 Premier league teams that have sacked their managers in March onwards, only 7 finished higher than where the old manager left them, go figure.

Different ways to look at this. If you are bottom of the league then clearly that's a poor decision if you don't change places. If you're in 12th where Palace are now, but have haven't won in 12 games, then if they remain 12th at the end of the season they will be delighted.

• Like 1