Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

clubs are usually down the bottom because they are shit, not just because the manager is a raging helmet.

we'd buck this trend for sure.

as I expect will Everton.

The one caveat to the stat about managerial changes at this time of year having very little or no impact is this year, it's very close between nine teams. Not sure whether it's been so close at this stage of the season? 

5 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

Patrick Vierra sacked by Palace - that seems harsh to me. Its not as it they've been badly beaten by anyone.

On a sperate note - does anyone know the contact details for Jon Holmes Media? The website does not give details.

No win in 2023, Palace fans not been happy. Looking possible replacements, jesse march? 

Good proactive decision from Palace. 

Vieira did a really good job on the rebuild at Palace but they are playing without a plan at the moment. A good appointment now and they have the fixtures to be comfortablely away from trouble. Be interesting to see who they get though.

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Won't be last we seen Patrick in the Premier league he will get another Job. Southampton next season who knows.

Vieira's time at Palace has been a time of extremes.

They had an excellent season, with the massive re-build and new way of football after having played long-ball, direct football for so long and they brought in younger, hungrier talent. They merited a much higher finish and reached the FA Cup semi-final but the lack of a quality striker was their issue. 

This season, looks like their confidence has gone and their striker issue remains.

They're not creating much either - I think they had a record for lowest xG over 3 games. 

Let’s be fair though he did a great job with half of Palace’s squad out of contract. Brought in a number of great buys and frees and they did well by their standards in his first season. 

Could be decent for our rebuild.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

When is St Brendan's day?

Chrsit, this actually sounds like something he's come up with 

What is the legend of Saint Brendan?

St Brendan, was an Irish monk who died c. 575. He wrote the eighth-century tale 'The Voyage of St. Brendan the Abbot', which describes a voyage undertaken by the saint in search of a wonderful island in the ocean, the 'Land of Promise'.
Edited by Lako42

3 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I agree but looking at our past appointments, I think Viera would tick a lot of boxes for our owners.

They do like a manager who rarely wins games and potentially gets a team relegated whilst barely scoring a goal so you might be onto something. 

• Haha 4

Yet another premier league club taking the right and necessary decisions to stave off relegation, if anything they kept Vieira too long.

Watch them turn it round and start climbing the table - who do they play after the international break by the way!?

Edited by Tuna

1 hour ago, ParkerPen said:

clubs are usually down the bottom because they are shit, not just because the manager is a raging helmet.

we'd buck this trend for sure.

as I expect will Everton.

They've definitely improved their manager but that's one of the worst squads in the league surely? They've also got fewer games remaining than those around them and still to play Chelsea, Man City, Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle, Spurs, Man U. I think this is why they're coming up as a high likelihood to drop on a lot of the models.

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Vieira’s sacking is Parish looking at the next 3 fixtures after the Arse game (which he’s presumably written off) and rolling the dice, a new manager bounce and 9 points against 3 relegation rivals (starting with us) will effectively almost rule them out of relegation. 

That's 100% why they've done it. They are used to the relegation battle and savvy enough to do what has to be done. 

West Ham and Leicester still haven't done it... but they could still do it. With the amount of losses we've had, you'd think we'd have done it already by now... but I wouldn't rule it out.