Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yet another premier league club taking the right and necessary decisions to stave off relegation, if anything they kept Vieira too long.

Watch them turn it round and start climbing the table - who do they play after the international break by the way!?

Reading comments from Palace supporters is very similar to ours (onFT).

Lots saying "those in the media who are saying we shouldn't have sacked him have clearly not watched us play"

" its the manner of the defeats"

And "the players have gone backwards under him".

For me it's preferable to be proactive as the Palace board have been.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Not won this year, why would you?

Don't care, we have much, much better players than Palace and are underperforming far more than they are. He would be a breath of fresh air and keep us up comfortably. The players would probably actually respect him and be motivated by him too!

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't care, we have much, much better players than Palace and are underperforming far more than they are. He would be a breath of fresh air and keep us up comfortably. The players would probably actually respect him and be motivated by him too!

Do we ?? I can think of at least 5 i would have in our first team at the minute. 

Eze, Olise, Guehi, Andersen, Guitta would all start in our team for me. 

• Like 4

Not sure Palace sacking Viera is the best decision long-term. Seems very short-minded. Yes, they haven't won in a while, but looking at the bigger picture I still think that he was building something solid there. They've only lost narrowly to Brighton and Man City in recent weeks, and got a point from Liverpool. They're lacking a decent striker, a right back and couple of central midfield players. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This myth needs busting, the majority of our squad are very average in this league. 

I'm fed up of seeing how good our squad is supposed to be.

• Like 1

I see Sky Sports are pushing the pundit opinion that sacking Viera was the wrong decision. This is exactly what terrifies our board who were so badly burnt after Ranieri. 

Lazy pundits will have a field day once Rodgers goes but we need to tune that noise out. 

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This myth needs busting, the majority of our squad are very average in this league. 

Bang on. We had an incredible starting 11 a few years ago but players have either gone backwards or not been replaced correctly.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm fed up of seeing how good our squad is supposed to be.

We've seen what this team can do with a little motivation and belief from the new January transfers (2-4 Aston Villa 4-1 Spurs).

We just need a manager who can instill these players with confidence, the way we just keep on losing after an initial couple losses is horrific.

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We've seen what this team can do with a little motivation and belief from the new January transfers (2-4 Aston Villa 4-1 Spurs).

We just need a manager who can instill these players with confidence, the way we just keep on losing after an initial couple losses is horrific.

One or two good performances a seasons is why we are in this position in the league, obviously. Average players are not consistent enough and we have to many of them. 

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

One or two good performances a seasons is why we are in this position in the league, obviously. Average players are not consistent enough and we have to many of them. 

They're not just good performances though, they were dominant performances against two top half sides.

The limitations of this team are not set by the ability of the players but by the inability of this manager to motivate and his self destructive tactics. It will become clear one Rodgers is finally gone.

If we do get relegated almost all of our players will go to top half sides in the top 5 leagues.

Edited by honeybradger

Good to see pundits all in agreement! lol

1h ago11:30

Morrison: Palace wrong to sack Vieira

Clinton Morrison believes Patrick Vieira's dismissal at Crystal Palace is the wrong decision and believes Vieira bought togetherness to the squad.

2h ago11:00

Ambrose: Palace right to sack Vieira

Former Crystal Palace player Darren Ambrose believes the decision to sack Patrick Vieira was the correct one if they are to have any chance of avoiding relegation.

I'd have backed Vieira to get them out of trouble with these fixtures. Any half decent manager should be able to do it. 

Arsenal v Crystal Palace 

Crystal Palace v Leicester 

Leeds v Crystal Palace 

Southampton v Crystal Palace  

Crystal Palace v Everton 

Wolves v Crystal Palace 

Crystal Palace v West Ham

Tottenham v Crystal Palace 

Crystal Palace v Bournemouth

Fulham v Crystal Palace 

Crystal Palace v Nottm Forest

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We have absolutely shit players. 

Soumare

Amartey

Dewsbury

Thomas

Ward

Never fit evans

Over the hill vardy

Barnes

Ill cut some slack for vardy the rest are shite.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:
Good to see pundits all in agreement! lol

1h ago11:30

Morrison: Palace wrong to sack Vieira

Clinton Morrison believes Patrick Vieira's dismissal at Crystal Palace is the wrong decision and believes Vieira bought togetherness to the squad.

2h ago11:00

Ambrose: Palace right to sack Vieira

Former Crystal Palace player Darren Ambrose believes the decision to sack Patrick Vieira was the correct one if they are to have any chance of avoiding relegation.

This is the one manager,I wouldn’t sack…He would of got them out of trouble..

just look at rest fixtures,except Arsenal the rest in their own hands…

players could go into meltdown…

unless below surface  terrible undercurrents, from within..

• Like 1