Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'm fed up of seeing how good our squad is supposed to be.

Most of our players are mid table and beyond that are effected by the manager. A good/overachieving manager will push us to Europe and a poor/underachieving one will have us flirt with relegation.

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Most of our players are mid table and beyond that are effected by the manager. A good/overachieving manager will push us to Europe and a poor/underachieving one will have us flirt with relegation.

Spot on, but the manager doesn't even have to be good imo, just have the capacity to admit to themselves that their cherished plan A isn't working and try a totally out there thing, like having a plan B!

Just as people on here have been accused of wanting us to fail so that Rodgers' reputation/standing is trashed, all the evidence is that this narcissistic fraud would rather we go down than admit he may be mistaken (cromwell put it more strongly),and change to a style of play more suited to our players that would offer a better chance of avoiding the drop.

I believe it's called style over substance, apart from his self promotion it's the only thing he's elite for imo.

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It doesn't seem five minutes since the football hipsters on here were bigging up Palace's Patrick V, rebuilding and recruitment.

I mean, I'm definitely envious of some of their recruitment tbf. Imagine what Eze and Olise what do to our squad. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, I'm definitely envious of some of their recruitment tbf. Imagine what Eze and Olise what do to our squad. 

Anderson and Guehi are the two that I'd want. Those two would really shore us up at the back. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It doesn't seem five minutes since the football hipsters on here were bigging up Palace's Patrick V, rebuilding and recruitment.

Their run has been horrific since they last won although they have played most of the league's better teams, and in form teams (depending on where you stand with Brentford/Brighton/Newcastle). They haven't really lost to a team I'd expect them to lose to.

I'm not gonna say the sacking is harsh, as we all complain about others backing Rodgers when we're poor, but really this was the first time Vieira has struggled.

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah, I'd love to watch them forget how to play with attacking intent and pass sideways lol

But in all seriousness, I agree with you. Olise in particular would have been great. And as others said Guehi especially but Andersen too would be great.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Yeah, I was one of the people saying he was doing a really good job - you can't deny his first season was a big success. I thought they would have the season they're currently experiencing last season given the huge turn-around in players and style of play. 

And as other posters have said, they've picked up some really good young talent. Their lack of a good striker has really hurt them this season, and appears without Gallagher, they're lacking creativity as well.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dames said:

I see Sky Sports are pushing the pundit opinion that sacking Viera was the wrong decision. This is exactly what terrifies our board who were so badly burnt after Ranieri. 

Lazy pundits will have a field day once Rodgers goes but we need to tune that noise out. 

Thought they were very negative at our place when we were in dire form. They should stay up but a lot of pressure on the upcoming matches.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'm fed up of seeing how good our squad is supposed to be.

Most of this team finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup. Its not a bad team bar a few positions.

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

Most of this team finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup. Its not a bad team bar a few positions.

That’s not completely relevant though is it, our players form changes, the teams we play against change, we are suffering from bad recruitment and seemingly awful management, but even without those negatives, it does not mean making top 5 finishes are repeatable. Think we got worse, others got better, we have also hit the buffers with our finances, which has not helped, no argument we should be better though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

"Most" but we have lost key players. Kasper gone, Chilwell/Fofona gone, Vardy older, Evans older and injury prone. That's on top of Maddison and Ricardo being out for large periods.

Plus I was talking consistency. Some players are average but get away with having one good season (see Maguire). Good players are consistently good but have a poor/average season once.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I think getting rid of Kasper was the worst thing we could have done and is a big reason why we are struggling, not just his presence on the pitch but in the dressing room, training etc.

• Like 3