Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

25 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'd say it's good news for us if Hodgson goes back Palace. I don't think that's gonna give them the lift they're looking for.

Yeah well look who they play after the international break.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ffs Palace.

I can hear all “who we gonna get?! Look at Palace” comments to justify Rodgers’ position already.

what’s funny is that if we sack a manager and struggle to find someone, every man and his dog would be asking ‘why didn’t they line someone up before’ 

If we have been out asking managers and the calibre on that list was all that’s available, no wonder brendan’s staying 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, Pete52 said:

Let swapping Viera for Hodgson be a warning to all those who want Rodgers gone immediately. 

Rodgers might not necessarily be the man long term, but if a change is to be made, then the summer may be more suitable. 

That’s a shocking move from Palace, 2 years of progression into a better football team wasted. 

Save this when we go down over them 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Let swapping Viera for Hodgson be a warning to all those who want Rodgers gone immediately. 

Rodgers might not necessarily be the man long term, but if a change is to be made, then the summer may be more suitable. 

That’s a shocking move from Palace, 2 years of progression into a better football team wasted. 

To be honest, I see the progression under Hodgson being wasted by Viera, as well as lots of pound notes. He laid excellent foundations for a very average manager to waste the opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

To be honest, I see the progression under Hodgson being wasted by Viera, as well as lots of pound notes. He laid excellent foundations for a very average manager to waste the opportunity. 

What foundations did Hodgson lay? He wasn’t building anything, he was just trying to keep them in the division. 

Viera oversaw them losing 9 first team members on free transfers and bringing in 7 (I think) players to replace them in his first summer window. Hodgson didn’t leave any foundations for him to build on, not like what someone like Puel did for Rodgers.

Viera did a rebuild job, now would be the time for Palace to get in a more forward-thinking manager to build on what Viera has been building, if anything. 

36 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Probably just a short term appointment to try and give them a quick boost, knows the club etc so might help them halt their decline. I imagine they'll appoint someone more suited to the players signed under Vieira in the Summer. Just like we could.