Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

I think they are saying longstaff is offside. Even though the Forest player cleared it and then another forest player booted it at him and it deflected back to Isak?? 

Shocking.  How much I cannot stand Newcastle if that potentially costs them champs league football at the end of the season you would be sick 

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

How many times do we hear it’s another phase of play because someone else touches the back? Two forest players kicked it before it goes to to longstaff it’s a joke

That’s a straightforward fook up by a var and his two assistant var’s plus the on field ref 

it’s bizarre 

• Like 2

wasnt it bankes on VAR duty too, like seriously, they want the fans etc to respect the refs etc, but how can we when decisions like that come along, would be nice to get some insight when they do all the VAR shite too

worse season in years for decisions and the clowns have ****ing VAR

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I think they are saying longstaff is offside. Even though the Forest player cleared it and then another forest player booted it at him and it deflected back to Isak?? 

Shocking.  How much I cannot stand Newcastle if that potentially costs them champs league football at the end of the season you would be sick 

It hit Longtsaff, who was offside,as the defender cleared it- no conspiracy I am afraid

• Haha 1

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).’ 

therefore, not offside 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milky said:

If they got that right by the letter of the law then the law needs changing.

But I don’t see how they have. Cleared badly by a defender, then kicked out by another defender. Obvs get he starts the phase in an offside position but only comes into play after it’s played by 2 forest players. Looks a bad decision. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

It hit Longtsaff, who was offside,as the defender cleared it- no conspiracy I am afraid

Incorrect - if the defender makes a deliberate attempt to clear the ball it becomes a new phase of play 

you actually had two deliberate attempts to clear the ball 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

And? It hit him. He didn't make the pass. 

When the defender cleared the ball it's a new phase of play. 

Edited by goose2010

It’s going to be a lot worse this season, we’re going in to the last 10 games with 9 teams facing the possibility of relegation, 7/8 teams that could still make top 4 and another couple looking for European spots.

There’s probably only Villa with nothing to play for and with millions of pounds and peoples livelihoods at steak, they’ve simply got to get those decisions correct - and if it’s not a certain error, stick with tue original bloody decision.

I can deal with an individual on the pitch having a different view or getting things wrong, I can’t with someone watching a computer screen and still making bizarre decisions.