Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Guest Col city fan

Fulham can’t give the ball away cheaply again now. Gonna require some top game management this 

Just now, Super_horns said:

Seems to be a divided view on that so not clear and obvious to turn over ?

Sure Klopp will have his say !

I think I saw at times last season when contact is made and a player stays on their feet but loses control a penalty isn’t giving. I don’t blame a player going down a little easy under contact from a clumsy challenge 

• Like 1

It’s a clear penalty for me.

I didn’t see it at first because I was looking at the contact of the feet, but once the commentators mention the clash of knees, you can see quite clearly Van Dijk’s contact on the knee.  It’s a stonewaller at that point 

Abysmal defending from van Dijk

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think I saw at times last season when contact is made and a player stays on their feet but loses control a penalty isn’t giving. I don’t blame a player going down a little easy under contact from a clumsy challenge 

Someone said earlier that Mitrovic knew if there's no contact its a booking. In the game last night someone went down with no contact at all and still didn't get booked. I don't think it's a given anymore as it's near impossible to "cheat" VAR. Will see though. 

So yes you feel contact you go down.