Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, st albans fox said:

An opportunity to move away?

if we take 8 points from the next four games (which would mean being unbeaten btw), we would have 32 points with 8 games left - we wouldn’t go down from there. 

Definitely an opportunity to mover away, 2 wins and 2 draws is easily getable from the next 4, as is 3 wins and a defeat.

Sitting on 32 points would be fantastic, especially if any 2/3 teams pick up less than 3 points in that time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's more for me signing 30 players and still relying on some of their squad from last season, as well as starting 'literal' Jonjo Shelvey and Andre Ayew in 2023.

These are one of the worst three sides I'm sure of it.

Them, us and?

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Aus Fox said:

Definitely an opportunity to mover away, 2 wins and 2 draws is easily getable from the next 4, as is 3 wins and a defeat.

Sitting on 32 points would be fantastic, especially if any 2/3 teams pick up less than 3 points in that time.

You know what Brian Clough would say about the Brentford game: ‘Just stop Ivan Toney, that’s all you need to do’

10 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Geordies know how to do an away end, fanatical fans

Yeah having been in it this evening, I can concur. Need a ****ing lie down lol, also might be making it up to my 65 year old mother for the next god knows how many mothers days lol think she’ll settle for an afternoon tea next year, think the Geordies are a bit livelier since she last went! 

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's more for me signing 30 players and still relying on some of their squad from last season, as well as starting 'literal' Jonjo Shelvey and Andre Ayew in 2023.

These are one of the worst three sides I'm sure of it.

I've said it all season. Theyve had absolutely dollops of luck. At home anyway. Relying on luck to win games isn't sustainable. 

I'm pleading with the football gods that tonight is a reversal infortunes for them. 

Team full of clowns

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Yeah having been in it this evening, I can concur. Need a ****ing lie down lol, also might be making it up to my 65 year old mother for the next god knows how many mothers days lol think she’ll settle for an afternoon tea next year, think the Geordies are a bit livelier since she last went! 

I noticed even in the 70s down here at filbo street,  geordies were a loud passionate bunch. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

I noticed even in the 70s down here at filbo street,  geordies were a loud passionate bunch. 

Remember that game at Filbo when they had to win to stay up? Cant recollect what season it was? If I recall they made an absolute fookin racket that afternoon. I was in pen 4, right next to ‘em 

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Remember that game at Filbo when they had to win to stay up? Cant recollect what season it was? If I recall they made an absolute fookin racket that afternoon. I was in pen 4, right next to ‘em 

Is that the one where Walsh scored at both ends?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Pen 1 was right next to them. I can remember a woman (mother) walking a little lad wearing a Newcastle United shirt and flat cap along side the pitch, up and down showing him off. Bit weird. 

It was the pitch invasion match that was triggered off by a Walshie own goal. Newcastle fan lost an eye after being hit by a coin. 

Just now, worthosoriginals said:

Jeez just put Auf Weidersehen pet on while humming Blaydon races if you love them that much. 

Never got the geordie love in myself. 

Any real football fan will know that they are no more passionate than anyone with and half empty St james park in the 80s .They  have the media and   sycophants like you and  @Col city fan  wanking them off.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Spudulike said:

Pen 1 was right next to them. I can remember a woman (mother) walking a little lad wearing a Newcastle United shirt and flat cap along side the pitch, up and down showing him off. Bit weird. 

It was the pitch invasion match that was triggered off by a Walshie own goal. Newcastle fan lost an eye after being hit by a coin. 

My bad, yes pen 1 👍

Guest Col city fan
Just now, los dedos said:

Jeez just put Auf Weidersehen pet on while humming Blaydon races if you love them that much. 

Any real football fan will know that they are no more passionate than anyone with and half empty St james park in the 80s .They  have the media and   sycophants like you and  @Col city fan  wanking them off.

😂 bit harsh!

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Come on then…what was her name and how did she hurt you? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Clueless post

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I bet you're one of them in our away ends with your knee rug on and flask out shouting tigers tigers, cos you forgot which sport youre at, then moaning about how quiet our away fans are

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Come on then…what was her name and how did she hurt you? 

There were two of ‘em.  They were called San and Trace and they both said he had a small weener

👍

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

We are now within 3 points of the four teams directly above us, with a game in hand and a better goal difference. 
Huge next 4 games, we need to take 8 points + from them and we have an opportunity to move away.

There is not a chance we take 8 points from the next 4 games, I’d snap your hand off for 6 points. 

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That was the last game of the 91/92 season. We needed a win to get automatic promotion and Newcastle needed a win to avoid relegation but both clubs were also relying on other results elsewhere to go their way. Newcastle won the game 1-2 and stayed up and we went into the play offs for the first time instead of being promoted into the first season of the Premier League. But because of the way the other results panned out, the game at Filbert Street didn't matter. Newcastle would have stayed up whether they won, lost or drew and we would have been in the play offs whether we won, lost or drew. I was at the game and nobody really knew what was happening at the other games.

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Which part of Newcastle was the guy who slept with your wife from?