Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There is not a chance we take 8 points from the next 4 games, I’d snap your hand off for 6 points. 

At this stage of the season we need to be winning at home to Villa and Bournemouth and taking something from Brentford and Palace away - I don’t think that’s a huge ask.

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

At this stage of the season we need to be winning at home to Villa and Bournemouth and taking something from Brentford and Palace away - I don’t think that’s a huge ask.

Have you seen us play? lol

51 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Have you seen us play? lol

I do think that many of us are deluded about the quality of our current team compared to other PL teams. The spine of our team is an utter shambles at the minute - we have a hologram in goal, we don't have a single fit and PL proven CB that our manager is prepared to select, our CM is lacking creativity without Youri and our talisman CF is finally and sadly past it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I do think that many of us are deluded about the quality of our current team compared to other PL teams. The spine of our team is an utter shambles at the minute - we have a hologram in goal, we don't have a single fit and PL proven CB that our manager is prepared to select, our CM is lacking creativity without Youri and our talisman CF is finally and sadly past it. 

But we have an elite coach ……. I mean Bournemouth beat liverpool so you don’t always need the best players to get a result …..

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ceredigion said:

That was the last game of the 91/92 season. We needed a win to get automatic promotion and Newcastle needed a win to avoid relegation but both clubs were also relying on other results elsewhere to go their way. Newcastle won the game 1-2 and stayed up and we went into the play offs for the first time instead of being promoted into the first season of the Premier League. But because of the way the other results panned out, the game at Filbert Street didn't matter. Newcastle would have stayed up whether they won, lost or drew and we would have been in the play offs whether we won, lost or drew. I was at the game and nobody really knew what was happening at the other games.

I was there too, I think it was the only time i sat in the main stand, not sure why....I remember the emotions of the day, the complete rollacoaster and a typical Leicester finish with an Own goal right at the end.  Thankfully like you said it wouldn't have mattered what the score was, but it was a very memorable day...obviously.

I was amazed a fan never ran on and stopped the goal at the end.:D

I miss the days of ticker tape and balloons.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Will Forest be submitting a complaint about the ref again after the numerous decisions that went their way?

I notice on the BBC website Cooper said the ref was poor and they should have had a free kick before Newcastle’s first goal so probably yes they will.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Really is baffling isn't it. It's exactly the situation that rule was made for. Longstaff has ran past the last defender, but isn't the target of a Newcastle players pass, so when the Forest defender intentionally plays the ball in his direction, that rule states he's not offside. Instead it's being used to allow a player who is the target of a pass to stray offside and when the last defender tries and fails to clear it that plays him onside, as we saw with Salah (against Wolves I think). They have it backwards. VAR could be a great thing, but our referees are idiots, so it'll never work well. They don't understand the rules so no amount of watching in slow motion will get them to the right decision.

If the refs are bad with VAR, they won't be better without it!

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Really is baffling isn't it. It's exactly the situation that rule was made for. Longstaff has ran past the last defender, but isn't the target of a Newcastle players pass, so when the Forest defender intentionally plays the ball in his direction, that rule states he's not offside. Instead it's being used to allow a player who is the target of a pass to stray offside and when the last defender tries and fails to clear it that plays him onside, as we saw with Salah (against Wolves). They have it backwards. VAR could be a great thing, but our referees are idiots, so it'll never work well. They don't understand the rules so no amount of watching in slow motion will get them to the right decision.

Which apparently they apologised to Wolves for saying it should have been disallowed thought I read?

So again it shows the inconsistency between different officials. 

Edited by Super_horns

21 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

If the refs are bad with VAR, they won't be better without it!

They are useless with both, at least without VAR the game flowed and the had the excuse they didn't see something clearly. Now even with all the help they are still shite. If they are shite with and without it, why keep it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

They are useless with both, at least without VAR the game flowed and the had the excuse they didn't see something clearly. Now even with all the help they are still shite. If they are shite with and without it, why keep it?

Certainly with incidents like that just getting in the way of the game and it's flow disallowing goals for technical things that no-one really cares about.

I doubt even any Forest fans or manager/players would have complained had the goal been allowed.

• Like 1

I think they are trying to make var so shite in this country on purpose so they don’t have to use it then can just rely on the shite refs decision without having anything to try and change their minds 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But we have an elite coach ……. I mean Bournemouth beat liverpool so you don’t always need the best players to get a result …..

In a 1 off game, play that 10 times it’s probably the only time they win. They actually have them again in this next slot of 6 fixtures but this is away I’d be pretty confident to say it will not happen again.

2 hours ago, Md9 said:

I think they are trying to make var so shite in this country on purpose so they don’t have to use it then can just rely on the shite refs decision without having anything to try and change their minds 

It's easier to cheat without VAR. Refs can just say 'I didn't see it'. Now they have to find a reason to fix the outcome which isn't always easy to do....

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

In a 1 off game, play that 10 times it’s probably the only time they win. They actually have them again in this next slot of 6 fixtures but this is away I’d be pretty confident to say it will not happen again.

How can they play them three times ? 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Really is baffling isn't it. It's exactly the situation that rule was made for. Longstaff has ran past the last defender, but isn't the target of a Newcastle players pass, so when the Forest defender intentionally plays the ball in his direction, that rule states he's not offside. Instead it's being used to allow a player who is the target of a pass to stray offside and when the last defender tries and fails to clear it that plays him onside, as we saw with Salah (against Wolves I think). They have it backwards. VAR could be a great thing, but our referees are idiots, so it'll never work well. They don't understand the rules so no amount of watching in slow motion will get them to the right decision.

I think there should be copious amounts of alcohol and other distractions in the var studio - this should mean that the var officials are hardly watching the game and would only notice an absolute howler … ie WHAT ITS FOR 

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Which apparently they apologised to Wolves for saying it should have been disallowed thought I read?

So again it shows the inconsistency between different officials. 

The Liverpool apology was for disallowing our winning goal when it should have stood, due to "no camera angle".

Talking of apologies, we received ANOTHER one for the Newcastle game last week!

Yeah cheers Howard. I'm sure teams will be delighted with all your apologies if they end up getting relegated due to the officials horrendous decisions. 

• Like 3