Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Am a bit conflicted with this Conte stuff. I don't really think it is the same as Rodgers. But I wish Rodgers got one tenth of the same scrutiny. This is what Conte does. He starts well, makes unreasonable demands then kicks off. He doesn't hide who he is, or play politics.

They were ninth when he took over and he got them in the Top 4. He'd turned them down a few months before. What did they promise him to make him change his mind.

They sacked Mourinho a week before a Cup Final. That made no sense. They sacked Pochettino after he guided them to a Champions League Final when the players stopped playing for him. Maybe the players do have too much power there.

Everything he said is true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

He’s got a point though 😂. Harry Kane is regarded as one of the best if not the best strikers in the world by some . The only thing he’s won is the golden boot . 

Wash your mouth out!!!

How about The Audi Cup or was it the Aldi Cup?... one of the two 😂

• Haha 1

Wolves are horrendous, want a foul for every little thing, Lopetegui comes across as a proper bell and it’s reflected in his team. Two horrendous challenges from Dawson and Jonny, Dawson maybe saved by Harrison positioning himself on the floor. If they kept their heads and actually finished their chances they wouldn’t have anything to moan about.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

We were rubbish today and fully deserved to lose. However, if the ref gets away from the ground safely I'll be amazed. 

If it was purely incompetence we'd at least get some decisions going our way just out of random chance. But it's week after week of awful, pathetic decisions with these disgraceful cvnts.

The awarding of Leeds' final goal was the last straw for some of our players. A clear shirt pull in the build up, VAR tells him he needs to have another look, and he checks the monitor and gives it. Nunes got sent off from the bench in the melee, and both Lopetegui and Neves ran onto the pitch to have a go at the ref at full time. 

I don't know how some of the managers and players can hold their tongues in interviews these days. PGMOL isn't fit for purpose. 

Behave, your lot are embarrassing! You’re trying to buy fouls for the softest of touches yet you’ve had two players make potential leg breaking challenges. Your manager can’t control himself on the touch line and it’s reflected in your team and your fans. 

Appreciate you’ve had decisions against you in the past but you got everything you deserved today.

22 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Wolves are horrendous, want a foul for every little thing, Lopetegui comes across as a proper bell and it’s reflected in his team. Two horrendous challenges from Dawson and Jonny, Dawson maybe saved by Harrison positioning himself on the floor. If they kept their heads and actually finished their chances they wouldn’t have anything to moan about.

Spanish, says it all. 

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

potters getting sacked soon isn't he? loving the pound shop motd, waiting for Dion to tell us what to do with me 2 bed terrace

Every time I see him I hum the music... ma, ma, mamamaaartin!

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Behave, your lot are embarrassing! You’re trying to buy fouls for the softest of touches yet you’ve had two players make potential leg breaking challenges. Your manager can’t control himself on the touch line and it’s reflected in your team and your fans. 

Appreciate you’ve had decisions against you in the past but you got everything you deserved today.

Please don't talk about things you haven't got a clue about. This has been going on for 3 seasons since VAR first came in. Constantly on the end of utterly dreadful decisions every season. You've only had the raw end of it recently this last season or so. And Forest complaining about refereeing is laughable considering the luck they've had in games this season. 

Today was just the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of us. Particularly the nonsense at the end with the bench. It's clear the players and staff are utterly pissed off with it. Unless you see it for 90+ minutes every week you can't understand what a constant and relentless grind it is fighting against the officials as well as the opposition. The players have to complain and shout for everything otherwise we'd just be seen to be rolling over and taking it. 

It may sound like whining and moaning to other fans, or losing control with regards the manager and players, but that's what it does to you mentally, and eventually you just lose it. 

Yes Jonny fully deserved to go today, it was a horrendous challenge. Dawson however would have been unlucky to see red. It was unfortunate because of Harrison's slip, it wasn't reckless or out of control, just a poor challenge. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 4

I thought Wolves were out of it but on todays evidence, they’re back in it. Comical defending from that corner. Not too sure why the manager is berating the officials as much as is he is; some 50/50 decisions that didn’t go in their favour, not massive clangers. 

1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

Lol@Spurs.  (Been out all day - just catching up with MOTD.)

Conte can’t cure the “Spursy-ness” !

Is his point that the expectations are too high for the type of characters they sign, (as opposed to quality / calibre of player) with the club being the common factor not the managers? Or did he mean too low, whilst around 7th they (the players) don’t feel they are underachieving and don’t have that ruthless edge to see out games?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I thought Wolves were out of it but on todays evidence, they’re back in it. Comical defending from that corner. Not too sure why the manager is berating the officials as much as is he is; some 50/50 decisions that didn’t go in their favour, not massive clangers. 

Yes I didn’t think it was as clear cut penalty as suggested but you never know with VAR.

Probably gets given elsewhere next time .

7 hours ago, don_danbury said:

wait, didnt spurs spend quite a bit last summer? i remember people picking them to challenge for the league lol 

They were 25/1 to win the league back in August.I’ll put my hand up and admit I was tempted to put a few quid on them.I thought with the W/C playing havoc, the Conte effect and everything.Decent start but turns out I saved a few quid.

6 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Wolves are the 1 of the bottom 9 I think will definitely be safe. They seem to have enough about them. Everton are getting that way as well. The other 7 I still think there’s a case for.