Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Please don't talk about things you haven't got a clue about. This has been going on for 3 seasons since VAR first came in. Constantly on the end of utterly dreadful decisions every season. You've only had the raw end of it recently this last season or so. And Forest complaining about refereeing is laughable considering the luck they've had in games this season. 

Today was just the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of us. Particularly the nonsense at the end with the bench. It's clear the players and staff are utterly pissed off with it. Unless you see it for 90+ minutes every week you can't understand what a constant and relentless grind it is fighting against the officials as well as the opposition. The players have to complain and shout for everything otherwise we'd just be seen to be rolling over and taking it. 

It may sound like whining and moaning to other fans, or losing control with regards the manager and players, but that's what it does to you mentally, and eventually you just lose it. 

Yes Jonny fully deserved to go today, it was a horrendous challenge. Dawson however would have been unlucky to see red. It was unfortunate because of Harrison's slip, it wasn't reckless or out of control, just a poor challenge. 

Sorry this does just come across as wining and ‘my team is much more hard done to than any others’.

The officials and VAR are crap at best, biased towards 6 or 7 clubs at worst. The rest of us are constantly on the end of shit decisions week in week out!

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Edit - shutting up. 

No go on. I'm interested in your response. I know the mods shit the bed when people use a forum to exchange their opposing views, but I'm sure if we don't call each other names it'll be fine :thumbup:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Edit - shutting up. 

Nobody wants you to shut up, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, and you're totally right: you see Wolves infinitely more than we do, so have the full context. But that goes both ways: as a Wolves fan, you don't have the context of the decisions against us. And equally, neither you, nor any of us Leicester fans, have the full context of decisions against the other teams.

However, just as there has always seemed to be a level of bias for the Greedy Six, I do think it's showing itself in VAR. And that's because the referees are human, so the decision-making is rarely objective.

Then again, as I said that's just my experience as a Leicester fan and seeing high profile decisions going for the Greedy Six. I have no data to back that up.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Edit - shutting up. 

Reading my response back this morning I came across like a prat so I apologise. It is nothing against you personally but the behaviour of players and managers at the moment is a major frustration. I appreciate decisions aren't going your way and you've received numerous apologies for wrong calls, as others have said we all get them. Football is an emotional game, the levels of hate and vitriol being banded around at the moment for me just isn't on though and watching MOTD and seeing the behaviours from your team hit a nerve. As you said I don't see you week in, week out so lack a bit of understanding.

• Like 1

Cmon Bear, we know what it's like to see sh2t week in week out but you cant blame the ref for yday.

Defo red card 100%.

Adam T should NEVER stop even if he was fouled, that's just terrible.

Wolves look like they cant defend for sh2t- Just like is, BUT they can score a few.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Wolves are horrendous, want a foul for every little thing, Lopetegui comes across as a proper bell and it’s reflected in his team. Two horrendous challenges from Dawson and Jonny, Dawson maybe saved by Harrison positioning himself on the floor. If they kept their heads and actually finished their chances they wouldn’t have anything to moan about.

Yeah I agree with everything you’ve said, but I wish Lopetugi was our manager!

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

A lot of fanfare about Wolves getting Lopetegui and being safe soon. However they are still lounging around in this pack. Their defence appears as bad as ours even with the January changes 

He has had a tangible impact on them this season, yet it’s bizarre how not one team has started to noticeably pull clear of the relegation zone. You’d imagine they’ll stay up, given his points to games impact since joining them. 

• Like 1

Just now, westernpark said:

He has had a tangible impact on them this season, yet it’s bizarre how not one team has started to noticeably pull clear of the relegation zone. You’d imagine they’ll stay up, given his points to games impact since joining them. 

Villa calls to disagree with you. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Villa calls to disagree with you. 

I did consider them, but I was sure they were in a better position(points clear rather than league position) than those teams near the drop. I am probably wrong nonetheless.

• Like 1

I think most Spurs fans would agree with Conte about their long term failure but blame him for the current failures on the pitch.

The one constant here has been Levy, which is what AC was very obviously saying - will Pochettino really want to step back into this toxic relationship?

I'm not so sure he will.

Our situation is like a mirror image, we blame our useless manager and hope our owner can sort it/him out, they blame their useless owner and hope various managers can sort it/him out.

Pochettino is seen by their fans as the saviour but he'd be working for a man who sacked him and other than that small embarrassing detail what's changed there?

To me the lack of ambition of the players is personified in Kane, he is plainly not really bothered about winning trophies or he would be at another club.

The other option is he is so dim he believes the empty promises of Levy again and again...or both.

It sure makes for great (hilarious) TV.

So if not Poch then who?

Sorry people not even the dreadful Levy would be so stupid and lacking in ambition as to employ an utter fraud.

• Like 3

lol Lopategui shouting "puta madre" across the pitch towards the ref near the end of their match, probably not the most respectful idea a day before Mothersly Sunday.

Adama Traore was technically probably fouled, every other decision looks about right to me. Awful defending from Wolves, especially the goal from Ayling.

If Wolves want to focus all of their frustration outward, that's fine for me as a Leicester fan. Keep doing what you're doing(at the back) lads.

23 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

lol Lopategui shouting "puta madre" across the pitch towards the ref near the end of their match, probably not the most respectful idea a day before Mothersly Sunday.

Adama Traore was technically probably fouled, every other decision looks about right to me. Awful defending from Wolves, especially the goal from Ayling.

If Wolves want to focus all of their frustration outward, that's fine for me as a Leicester fan. Keep doing what you're doing(at the back) lads.

Shouting "damn" is not exactly post watershed abuse!

Hijo de puta would be fruitier.

And arguably justified when directed at certain refs.

27 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Agreed. 

They can't have any complaints with the Jonny red, and Dawson was lucky to avoid one. 

Don't think there was enough of a foul on Traore but they still shouldn't stop playing. 

I do sense the frustration because of previous decisions in other games, but unsure what was so seriously bad today. 

57 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What a ridiculous decision that Southampton penalty against Spurs was. When was the last time we got a stroke of luck like that? Feels like nothing falling for us now.

I cannot see where the contact is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agreed. 

They can't have any complaints with the Jonny red, and Dawson was lucky to avoid one. 

Don't think there was enough of a foul on Traore but they still shouldn't stop playing. 

I do sense the frustration because of previous decisions in other games, but unsure what was so seriously bad today. 

Lots of players stop playing when they get fouled and don’t fall to the ground - the refs usually just blow up when they look across to them. In this instance traore half played on but then chose not to - I think the ref was wrong not to disallow the goal on review. It was a clear foul to gain possession. Of all the times when they could justifiably ignore the var they choose this one ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Lots of players stop playing when they get fouled and don’t fall to the ground - the refs usually just blow up when they look across to them. In this instance traore half played on but then chose not to - I think the ref was wrong not to disallow the goal on review. It was a clear foul to gain possession. Of all the times when they could justifiably ignore the var they choose this one ! 

But the foul doesn't win the ball. There's a shirt pull, Traore keeps the ball after that and is challenged by another Leeds player. The only reason the new Leeds players gets the ball is because inexplicably Traore decides to stop playing.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

But the foul doesn't win the ball. There's a shirt pull, Traore keeps the ball after that and is challenged by another Leeds player. The only reason the new Leeds players gets the ball is because inexplicably Traore decides to stop playing.

But the second challenge would be unlikely to happen if the shirt pull didn’t occur in the first place. 99/100 the ref blows for a foul in that instance.