Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Yes but it’s not great for us for them to be missing mitrovic for those three games - and he will get at least an additional game which will be Leeds! 

Yeah I get that re Mitrovic, it’s unfortunate. I was just commenting that the post read as though it was all of them missing for the 3 games. Just looking for the positives!

But, if we can’t pick up our own results we deserve to go down so the points needed for safety is for us to achieve, not to rely on other teams failing.

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Probably impacts his pay off if he's publicly slating the board in that way. 

How the pay off/compensation is impacted? Afaik he's an employee and he has every right according to employment rules/laws to speak. I know football is a different world but when it comes down to employment and contracts there are certain laws. If the owner/employer of Spurs believes his employee is either going against specific contract clauses or he's doing some kind of defamation there are legal procedures. 

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The Bear still spending most of his free time on Foxestalk bemoaning Wolves luck with VAR despite the fact its a) not a Wolves forum and b) he's been presented with evidence that Wolves have actually got off alright over the past three years is a great trope. I thought him posting a 15 year old in the Celeb Beauties thread would see him banned but apparently thats easier on the mods than disagreeing with Col? Great stuff it really is.

Yawn. Your trolling and WUM tactics are getting old. 

• Thanks 2

After seeing what Mitro did yesterday it just

makes me angrier that Fernandes got away with this. 

The officials and PGMOL don't help their cause of trying to avoid speculation of 'big six bias' when the above goes unpunished and Mitro gets a straight red. Obviously Mitro's decision is correct. For the above to be ignore just emphasises the inconsistencies. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

After seeing what Mitro did yesterday it just

makes me angrier that Fernandes got away with this. 

The officials and PGMOL don't help their cause of trying to avoid speculation of 'big six bias' when the above goes unpunished and Mitro gets a straight red. Obviously Mitro's decision is correct. For the above to be ignore just emphasises the inconsistencies. 

And plenty came out to comment afterwards that avoiding any comment or sanction on Fernandes could come back to bite them on the bum 

fwiw, Bruno should have received a yellow card for that 

The minute you move your hands towards the officials, it should be a straight red, no questions.

It should also result in a lengthy ban, the fact that Mitrovic will get that and Fernandes doesn’t is ridiculous and to make matters worse it’s Fernandes, who should be banned that scores twice against Fulham.

• Like 2

Mitrovic appears to be threatening the ref as well, for me that's ban till the end of the season. Harsh but you can't shove a ref in the arm and then threaten in the face. Fernandes should have been punished a couple of weeks before for similar incident. 

Daft as it sounds do you think will see a situation where clubs could go on strike over fairness in football, I mean imagine if say a certain amount of premier league clubs agree to not play until a certain decision is made...

Edited by Leicesterpool

A few weeks ago a player was sent off for a slap (albeit soft but definitely deliberate), VAR intervened and decided no, it's a yellow card. For VAR to overturn it it must have been seen as clear and obvious, so from that you gather that a slap is not even close to a red card. 

Why is this "shove" seen as being worthy of a 6-10 game ban or even a 6 month ban just because its the ref? I understand they need more protection but I think the scope between what's acceptable to do to a player and whats acceptable to do to an official is far too wide apart and needs to be more in line with each other. That red card should have stood and Mitrovic should just have the standard 3 match ban. 

• Like 1

I find it so odd to see people defending Conte for his outburst. He burns the house down literally everywhere he goes. Like Rodgers, he is in full self-preservation mode. 

I feel somewhat vindicated for saying that Conte would have been a bad choice for Man United. He might have won something there but he would have thrown his toys out of the pram after a couple of years and they would be back to square one again. He is a lot closer to Mourinho than either of them would like to admit.