Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I find it so odd to see people defending Conte for his outburst. He burns the house down literally everywhere he goes. Like Rodgers, he is in full self-preservation mode. 

I feel somewhat vindicated for saying that Conte would have been a bad choice for Man United. He might have won something there but he would have thrown his toys out of the pram after a couple of years and they would be back to square one again. He is a lot closer to Mourinho than either of them would like to admit. 

Because unfortunately, like with *some* of what Rodgers has said, you can't argue with it! 

Totally agree that they're both pointing the finger everywhere but at their own door, but there's sympathy with Conte's outburst because everything he's said is pretty much right!

20 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

6 game ban incoming then

Just hearing on Talkshite a possible 10 game ban for Mitrovic !

He certainly lost his head bit unfair on Fulham they were in the ascendancy before that madness, but didn’t the ball hit Willian’s shoulder rather than forearm?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

He certainly lost his head bit unfair on Fulham they were in the ascendancy before that madness, but didn’t the ball hit Willian’s shoulder rather than forearm?

I know its a daft thing to do.. but I wish we had players who cared enough to get that angry about something

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

It's hardly 'unfair' on Fulham if a Fulham player gets an extended ban for doing something players have been known to get extended bans for.

12 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

He’ll probably get a longer ban for not leaving the pitchand trying to still argue with the ref after the red card .

Quite

1 extra game for an aggressive reaction to the red card  (vardy and Jon moss precedent)

2 games extra for not leaving the pitch after the red and continuation of the aggressive attitude 

3 games for the straight red 

they can then issue an additional three games for aggressively pushing the ref and that’s 9 games 

I’d accept 7 games because that takes him out of our trip to craven cottage 

• Like 1

Don't really agree he should be banned for half a season. 

I think an extended ban on top of 3 games would be enough. Perhaps 6-8 games? 

3 games for 'pushing' the ref, and extra for the additional tirade and attitude and failing to leave it. 

He didn't even push him. Not like Di Canio did anyway. 

Di Canio's push was more of a "get outta here you don't know what your doing" type, the ref not being able to use his legs & the comical fall makes it look worse than what it was.

Mitrovic is aggressively touching/pushing, in the refs personal space & right up in his grill along with any language he is using, it has to be on the same lines of Di Canio's for suspension & unfortunately for Mitrovic he has to be used as an example of what won't be tolerated going forward, otherwise we should stop posting about players surrounding the refs.

1 hour ago, J. James said:

That wasn't angry bud, he manhandled the ref which is technically (and actually in this case) assault.

Should get and entirely deserves 10 games off.

Grass roots refs must cringe when they see boneheads like Mitrovic reacting like a bar room bully.

Kids see it and naturally want to emulate the tw@t.

Result? Refs refuse to officiate and games aren't played.

Grown ups can  be passionate and committed without resorting to physical intimidation.

I don’t disagree with that. and that’s not what I want either but honestly the last time i’ve seen one of our lot gwbuinely angry was Perez in his debut season against liverpool… anyone got something more recent? 

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t disagree with that. and that’s not what I want either but honestly the last time i’ve seen one of our lot gwbuinely angry was Perez in his debut season against liverpool… anyone got something more recent? 

Ricardo on Chilwell at Stamford Bridge 2020/21. 

Edited by Pete52
  • Like 1

Spurs this season are basically us - stodgy, dull football, overly reliant on individual brilliance and a blame-shifting manager who is clearly no longer able or inclined to have a positive impact on the squad at his disposal - but with about double the points and on course for European qualification rather than a relegation battle, so naturally they're the ones making a change while we crack on.

• Like 3

Perhaps Daniel Levy is the main problem at the club?

It seems that with most managers they've had under his tenure, the manager doesn't seem happy with something at the club.

Edited by Wymsey