Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

26 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Perhaps Daniel Levy is the main problem at the club?

It seems that with most managers they've had under his tenure, the manager doesn't seem happy with something at the club.

No perhaps about it! 

20 years of mediocrity and he’s the constant. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Perhaps Daniel Levy is the main problem at the club?

It seems that with most managers they've had under his tenure, the manager doesn't seem happy with something at the club.

Of course its Levy, a percentage of his interest in football appears to be in making money - 100 percent!

Spurs fans generally hate the man and as he is the one common factor in their 20 years of under achievement, they not unreasonably lay a percentage of the blame at his door - 100 percent also.

As l posted earlier on FT, most Spuds agree with Conte on the long term cause, but blame him for the present failure.

Levy is the second coming of Deadly Doug Ellis!

They need to start chucking the book at players. Once a pre didn’t has been set after 4 or 5 games, everyone would know where the bar is set and stop abusing and surrounding referees. 

Also, whilst I’m on it. VAR needs capping at 20 to 30 seconds. 3 person panel, yes or no buzzer style. It you can’t decide, it’s not clear and obvious. At least give some entertainment with the bloody thing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I find it completely absurd that players are allowed to surround a referee en masse and yell at him and go unpunished but as soon as you touch one atom of his shirt you're banned for a million years. It's just a wild disconnect.

Don't get me wrong, he should be made an example of and he should be banned for a few more games beyond the standard 3 but it's near hypocritical to basically end his season when plenty of players are probably more abusive to officials every weekend than he actually was.

The way players treat the officials in general needs to be improved, I've always banged on about this, but giving him a 10 or so game ban for that is just dumb. Especially when Bruno Fernandes went unpunished for pretty much the same thing.

Just need to follow the example of Rugby.

Football is unwill to learn of other sports especially on things like this.

Throw in the use of the video discison making too.

• Like 4

Looking at the odds for next Spuds fall guy, Mason is odds on, obvs cos he'll be in charge for the next game but Poch is next at 9/1.

However they give similar odds - 10/1 he'll be OUR next manager!

Considering their man has been sacked and ours...sigh...hasn't...

......It leads me to suspect that Pochettino will laugh in Levy's face IF he's approached.

Edited by J. James

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

When Conte goes it’ll bring the number to 11 Premier League managers sacked/leaving their clubs this season.

Rodgers is still here. :crylaugh: :doh: :cry: 

Remember the evening of Bert’s watsap message and looking at the next manager to go market  😂

we’ve had managers sacked since then who weren’t even managers that evening !!!

• Sad 2

What legit manager wants to go to spurs after mourinho and conte (outside of BR)?

I'd stay the fook away from that if i had other options. I know money talks though.

Long may spurs woes continue. Having said that, as a football fan i can appreciate their pain at failure to win trophies. Least we won something recently a0nd can die on the relegation hill happy lol.

Surely poch should know he is going to get f all from levy having already been there and know what he is like. Any serious bidders in the summer for players like kane or son etc then they will be given surely. And if your hodgson you should be sat at home or on a beach with your feet up not going back to palace got to be more stress than it’s worth 😂

5 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

It's hardly 'unfair' on Fulham if a Fulham player gets an extended ban for doing something players have been known to get extended bans for.

I agree but Fernandes pushed the linesman a couple weeks ago got nothing officals inconsistency, but to do what mitrovic did was stupid but unfair to Fulham before the red mist happened they looked like they could have won the game.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

When Conte goes it’ll bring the number to 11 Premier League managers sacked/leaving their clubs this season.

Rodgers is still here. :crylaugh: :doh: :cry: 

Maybe the Spuds will take Rodgers might be only one who’ll go there 🤪