Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think Palace must be insane to hire a 75 year old to manage your club, lazy appointment. Hodgson part I'm sorry a little bit selfish and greedy, surely time to allow a younger coach to have a go. Hard to believe we've got a manager still managing who was managing at the same time as Brian Clough, Bill Shankly, Ron Saunders, Bobby Robson. Crazy...

Yeah, his first game against...errr...oh yes - us will no doubt prove that because of the big number after his name it was a terrible appointment.

They'd be much wiser to go for a younger man....like say Rodgers...

Palace 2 - 0

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Hodgson is a local man who I believe is a fan of palace 

so I think its not quite as lazy as it looks 

and from his perspective- he really cares and probably believes he’s the best person to keep them up m

watch him school brendan in ten days time ….

The problem is, Hodgson is primarily a defensive coach. There was a lot of discontent towards the end of his previous time at Palace because they were just set up to stop the opposition from scoring and were awful to watch. But Palace's problem at the moment is scoring goals - their defence is already pretty sound. So they've brought in a defensive coach to solve an attacking problem. Judging from the radio phone-in I heard this morning, their fans are not very optimistic about how this is going to pan out...

Edited by ClaphamFox

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The problem is, Hodgson is primarily a defensive coach. There was a lot of discontent towards the end of his previous time at Palace because they were just set up to stop the opposition from scoring and were awful to watch. But Palace's problem at the moment is scoring goals - their defence is already pretty sound. So they've brought in a defensive coach to solve an attacking problem. Judging from the radio phone-in I heard this morning, their fans are not very optimistic about how this is going to pan out...

Alongside that the offensive players or star player is the same bloke from Woy’s last spell there. 

I take it this a short term appointment, cause I'm not sure how your club can progress when having a manager of the years of Hodgson in charge. I mean it's bit like us reappointing MON, i mean I think we've all accepted MON days as management are now gone. 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

I take it this a short term appointment, cause I'm not sure how your club can progress when having a manager of the years of Hodgson in charge. I mean it's bit like us reappointing MON, i mean I think we've all accepted MON days as management are now gone. 

End of the season or when Roy's ticker gives in, whichever comes first.

Think we'll batter Palace when we play them. Our attack is still decent and their defence has just shipped 4. I really don't think that Hodgson will be an inspiring appointment for their players. I've read that quite a few of their squad were behind Viera and had a close relationship with him as he has bought most of them in, think they'll be low on confidence and there for the taking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

It will be. His job is to just keep Palace up. He won’t be there next season.

It really was a panic move to sack PV at this point imao.

If they had a really tough run coming up then fair do's but their tough run has just finished and now its cannon fodder stuff- starting with us - for a few games.

Hodgson will garner enough points l have no doubt and leave again as the saviour of a club he clearly loves.

But then l think Viera would have too tbh, and they've binned a man with future potential who will succeed elsewhere.

Edited by J. James
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So Roy took Watford down. Not sure Palace are making the right move there.

He’ll cobble together a few points to keep them up .

Even we got 8 points in away games but the home form was rubbish. 

Unlike us Palace aren’t adrift at the bottom and Hodgson will care about the job making sure the players do too .

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Think we'll batter Palace when we play them. Our attack is still decent and their defence has just shipped 4. I really don't think that Hodgson will be an inspiring appointment for their players. I've read that quite a few of their squad were behind Viera and had a close relationship with him as he has bought most of them in, think they'll be low on confidence and there for the taking.

We couldn't batter a nice piece of cod!!

What on Earth are Palace doing…

Concede 9 goals in 10 games, sack Viera and replace him with Hodgson? Bizarre. We could only dream of such a defensive record. They played Man City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool in that run of 10 games too 😂

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pete52 said:

Villa and Spurs would beg to differ ;)

Since those matches, Brendan-ball has produced one point from fifteen and has seen us knocked out of the cup by lower league opposition whilst we sit one point above the relegation zone - but its good you are looking at things positively!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Hodgson is a local man who I believe is a fan of palace 

so I think its not quite as lazy as it looks 

and from his perspective- he really cares and probably believes he’s the best person to keep them up m

watch him school brendan in ten days time ….

A jordan Ayew masterclass incoming 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pete52 said:

if that is what you think you should be lumping on at 2/1

• Like 1