Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Bit of context to that because it's based on the Guardian article released today. 

It was before he became a ref, before it was his full time job. He was watching his son at a game and mouthed off like any parent does. Basically a very long time ago.

Here is the article to go along with that. Funny that in such an outstanding piece that the account has chosen to take that bit only and publicise it. I think it's a pretty open and honest account of everything around the profession, definitely worth a read, although it is a long one.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/21/inside-world-premier-league-football-referees-pgmol-howard-webb-andre-marriner-darren-england

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

But classic of the media in a way to make people mis understand things.

Not like the media at all.... as is highlighted in the article about our very own Gary Lineker and his ramblings about officials.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

In light of the Mitrovic incident this is interesting.

Presume what ever the ref put in his report didn’t go along with whatever “violent conduct” the player was supposed to have committed?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65030417

From what I saw, the lino walked backwards into Nunes - it’s no way a red card 

it’s irrelevant what the ref put in his report (would have followed what his lino told him) because the video evidence was clear. 

no relevance to mitrovic incident 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We’ll be languishing in the Championship and the pro Rodgers folk will be reminding us of that famous 2 game run where we took 6 points in 22/23. 

Don’t worry, we’ll get promoted when Justin returns from injury. 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

From what I saw, the lino walked backwards into Nunes - it’s no way a red card 

it’s irrelevant what the ref put in his report (would have followed what his lino told him) because the video evidence was clear. 

no relevance to mitrovic incident 

Yet the linesman will get away with telling lies and go about his job next week as per usual. 

• Haha 2

According to sherwood, we had offered 600k for kane in 2014. 

sherwood said that he convinced levy not to sell him 

so kane can blame Sherwood for not winning a PL title ! (A little tongue in cheek - I realise that if you change things then we don’t necessarily win anything) 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

so kane can blame Sherwood for not winning a PL title ! (A little tongue in cheek - I realise that if you change things then we don’t necessarily win anything) 

Not in this corner of the multiverse bud, l have a feeling that we'd have finished third- behind Spurs and Arsenal!

So what’s happening at man u. Deadline comes and goes and the two main bidders haven’t submitted a bid, yet there have been other bids. So they are looking at extended the deadline, I’m guessing the other bids will be pulling out then as they obviously don’t want them. I’d laugh if the preferred bidders didn’t turn up and they ended up with someone like fawaz. 

Crystal Palace have changed their training schedule from today. They now stop at 2 O'Clock for an hour so their manager can watch Countdown with a bag of Werthers Original and a nice cup of tea before recommencing at thwee, sorry, three o'clock.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Imagine kane up top with vardy in 2015-16 though :nigel:

Kind of puts to bed the idea from Kane that he wasn't rated by the club, however (if it is true).

Edited by TJQuik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

Imagine kane up top with vardy in 2015-16 though :nigel:

Kind of puts to bed the idea from Kane that he wasn't rated by the club, however (if it is true).

Would they have played together though? Or would Vardy have spent most of his season on the bench and not had nearly as much impact?