Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

When was the last time a PL club was docked points? I remember it happening to Middlesborough in the 96/97 season because they didn't;t turn up for a fixture due to having lots of players injured and sick but has it happened since?

37 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

When was the last time a PL club was docked points? I remember it happening to Middlesborough in the 96/97 season because they didn't;t turn up for a fixture due to having lots of players injured and sick but has it happened since?

The only other time I remember was the big punch on between Man Utd and Arsenal, but I feel that could have been pre Premier League. I think both teams were deducted 2 points for failing to control their players.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

How can a club like Everton who have no money (see posted losses) consider spending millions on a new stadium?!!

Two separate entities ..   Everton FC are not building the stadium. Moshiri is building the stadium.

5 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Portsmouth were deducted 10 points in 2010 for going into administration.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

I vaguely remember Spurs having a points deduction in the mid nineties for financial irregularities.

I don't think they were doing points deductions for financial rule breaking back then.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

They did but think they managed to get the points deduction overturned didn't they

I just flicked through the tables on Wikipedia and only Boro and Pompey were deducted points. Like you say maybe Spurs got them back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

They did but think they managed to get the points deduction overturned didn't they

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I just flicked through the tables on Wikipedia and only Boro and Pompey were deducted points. Like you say maybe Spurs got them back.

I found it. It was given out between seasons and they were meant to start 1994/95 on minus 12 points, but got it overturned and paid more of a fine. So was never actually deducted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I found it. It was given out between seasons and they were meant to start 1994/95 on minus 12 points, but got it overturned and paid more of a fine. So was never actually deducted.

Was reduced to 6 points initially and then removed completely.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, David Hankey said:

How can a club like Everton who have no money (see posted losses) consider spending millions on a new stadium?!!

It’s their wealthy owner who has deep pockets and keeps reaching into them.

22 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Rodgers has actually reduced us to hoping that Everton get a points deduction! lol 

If anything sums up our shocking decline over the past 2 years this surely does!

I’d be hoping for this regardless of our manager, form or league position 

7 hours ago, Tim1974 said:

I vaguely remember Spurs having a points deduction in the mid nineties for financial irregularities.

Don’t remember it, I’m sure we were the club that promoted this kind of punishment for future clubs mishandling there finances as we would have had a points deduction in 2003 had it been a thing back then.

If Everton or Manchester City don't get deducted at least a point for breaching league rules, given their notices of likely punishment, then points deduction won't ever become a thing again.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1