Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Spurs not tolerating being downplayed and humiliated in the media by their manager then. It's acceptable when you manage Leicester for some reason though.

What’s worse is that it’s also accepted by some of our fan base, as well as the board.

• Like 4

Levy's revolving (or revolting) door policy continues. Strange how a so-called 'Big' club can't hold on to their managers for any length of time.

Perhaps it is all their managers' fault but I don't think so. It's the idiot at the top in their case.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Which is what we need to do. Imperative.

Whilst there are some similarities in the situation in that the manager has openly criticised the clubs in the media and both clearly unhappy with their jobs,  the critical difference is that Brendan won't do a deal to leave for anything less than his contractual pay out and he will stay with us until his contract expires or he receives his pay out.  For him, it's about the here and now and getting whatever he can from his current situation.  If he won't get paid, he won't move.

Conte's philosophy is different.  For him, it's all about winning.  He is a natural born winner and won't tolerate poor standards.  Winning is more important to him than a pay cheque.  If he can't win, he won't waste his time accepting low standards around him.

• Like 1

I’m fascinated to see who gets the Spurs job next season. Lots have managers with big reputations have gone there and failed.

The likes of Mouriniho and Conte have won things everywhere they’ve been and have come up against it at Spurs.

I know many don’t like it, but what Conte said in his outburst was spot on and I just can’t see any big name manager wanting to go there now.

So that leaves them needing to take a risk on an up and coming manager or punting on a manager who has been around the merry go round before. 
Poch is possibly the only decent manger who could be tempted to go back, but does he want to work with Levy again.

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m fascinated to see who gets the Spurs job next season. Lots have managers with big reputations have gone there and failed.

The likes of Mouriniho and Conte have won things everywhere they’ve been and have come up against it at Spurs.

I know many don’t like it, but what Conte said in his outburst was spot on and I just can’t see any big name manager wanting to go there now.

So that leaves them needing to take a risk on an up and coming manager or punting on a manager who has been around the merry go round before. 
Poch is possibly the only decent manger who could be tempted to go back, but does he want to work with Levy again.

Perfect job for Brendan

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Well in fairness, Rashford has pulled out through injury. Having a dodgy thigh or whatever doesn't mean he can't get on a plane a go somewhere to relax for a few days. If someone is ill on the other hand I wouldn't expect them to be going on a night out. It's like ringing in work and saying you've got the shits and then someone spots you in the Wimbledon crowd. Most players play through a cold etc, so to pull out a squad imo would mean you had something like flu or the shits and wouldn't be leaving the house. It's not a good look if we're honest. But Southgate did make too much of it, I'm sure he held it against him for years and he's forgiven players for a lot less, for example the one playing right back right now had his cock out in a pub just a few weeks back.

not sure why this is still peddled but our own fans. 

HE WAS ASKED TO LEAVE. 

it’s more like if you went into work and your boss noticed you had a runny nose and told you to go home because he didn’t want you getting anyone in the office sick. At that point, you’d do whatever the heck you wanted 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Rodgers to spurs? We can dream 

4 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

Conte out, Brendan in !

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Perfect job for Brendan

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Rodgers is perfect :ph34r:

How odd ... somehow he's been omitted from their poll ...

SpursPoll.JPG.35a6fd92c37ea5d71fde167664247dd0.JPG

Nor even a single write-in vote  :dunno:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

How odd ... somehow he's been omitted from their poll ...

SpursPoll.JPG.35a6fd92c37ea5d71fde167664247dd0.JPG

Nor even a single write-in vote  :dunno:

I assume they're just taking for granted that Rodgers is everyone's undisputed first choice so the poll is more to see who people would want as a backup option should they fail to prise him from our grasp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Any manager going to Spurs must be off their rocker if they think they can change things for the better.

However its not going to hurt their pockets or their CV if they do take the job on and fail like many before them. 

I agree, I wonder what it is Tottenham owners/fans want...constant top 4 finishes?  The odd FA cup/league cup win?  I just cant see them winning trophies or ever challenging for the league title. 

• Like 1