Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

16 hours ago, Corky said:

We are the only people talking about him going to Tottenham. Give it up, everyone.

Well yes, and BR should be taking a good look at himself. If he'd managed a bit better and gotten some results that put us some distance from the relegation spots, he'd still be seen as a potential appointment if not at Spurs but at other big teams. He's not just let down Leicester, he's let himself down!

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Hardly surprising given this season's insanity. 

The worst best kept secret in football 

in addition, uefa’s new loan rules (max 7 players over 21 y o ) mean that they will probably have to sell a few of these loanees  

they have 21 players out on loan atm 

I would think they could easily sell 10 players this summer and bring in £200m minimum. considering Lukaku and CHO are two of these it could easily be more. 

Expect to see some of their youngsters also being sold in the man city/Southampton model from last summer. No doubt Man City have buy back clauses on these guys. (Though you won’t find this in the public domain) 

7 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Roy Hodgson apparently, just has a best before date

Reminds me of Spam ... a compromise even at its best ... but in desperate times, you can try even an ancient can to see if it can keep you alive.

The leeches may suck away for a while yet ...

The revised bids to buy Manchester United will fall short of the Glazer family's valuation, although there is still hope a buyout can happen, sources have told ESPN. Second offers were lodged by interested parties last week, including from public bidders Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Thomas Zilliacus.

Sources have told ESPN that bids from Sheikh Jassim and Ratcliffe have been increased from around £4.5 billion but remain below the asking price of around £6bn -- although there is hope that the Glazers might still accept a compromise fee to allow a takeover at Old Trafford.

After the latest round of offers, bidders are waiting to hear from Raine Group, the U.S. bank working with the Glazers, on what the next stage of the process will look like. Raine could invite a third round of offers or name a preferred bidder.

United staff have been told to expect "clarity" on the ownership situation by the end of the season.

Sources have told ESPN that it's still "business as usual," although there is an acceptance that contract extensions for key players -- including Marcus Rashford -- and the summer transfer window will be impacted by whoever is in charge.

Meanwhile, there are fears at Old Trafford that new owners might want to make significant changes to the structure at the club, which could jeopardise the next phase of Erik ten Hag's rebuild.

Sources have told ESPN that Ten Hag is keen to build on the progress his team have made by further strengthening his squad ahead of the next season and would like new signings, including a top-class striker, brought in before the preseason tour of the United States, which will kick off in July.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united-engman_utd/story/4910468/man-united-bids-below-owners-glazers-valuation-but-sale-hope-remains-sources

53 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Wasn’t that first  comment after you beat them 5-2?

Hardly sticking 11 men behind the ball then !

Yeah he was upset because we weren't playing ball by not allowing them to just walk all over us.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2023 at 08:03, messerschmitt said:

Brendan has achieved something everywhere he's been, He took Swansea up and got them playing football that got them called the Welsh Barcelona, got Liverpool to within an inch of winning the title, Won everything with Celtic and got us almost two seasons of football in the top 4 and an FA cup win.

Don't get me wrong, I think his time here has long gone and we need a change but I don't doubt he could still go somewhere and do a great job.

I have liked Rodgers during and for his time here but, lets get it straight, he hasn't achived something everywhere he's been. Getting "within an inch of winning the title" means fvck all when you don't win it and it's boring people keep saying "oh he nearly won the league". Rodgers didn't win anything there and must be one of few Liverpool managers to do so. His job at Swansea was incredible, his job at Reading was awful.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I have liked Rodgers during and for his time here but, lets get it straight, he hasn't achived something everywhere he's been. Getting "within an inch of winning the title" means fvck all when you don't win it and it's boring people keep saying "oh he nearly won the league". Rodgers didn't win anything there and must be one of few Liverpool managers to do so. His job at Swansea was incredible, his job at Reading was awful.

This is true. Achieving promotion with Swansea yep, they were quite entertaining as I recall. Celtic won everything possible domestically albeit crap in Europe but yep. Cup with us yep. Not his job at Liverpool though, look at how much Klopp has won since taking over (as much as he is a twat).

3 hours ago, Matt said:

image.png.affd67ae14a1a43f9ac24b72ad64ac0f.png

Aw, bless him x

Can't stand this sh*t. De Bruyne also consistently says patronising things after difficult games vs smaller clubs. I find it so distasteful when you think Man City are basically making a mockery of the sport by playing real life Fantasy Football.

• Like 1