Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know he's a legend but not sure why Lampard would be so keen to go back, even more so for a short period.

If he has a few victories , he might get the assistant manager's job and that would be his best bet in management.

Don't really understand what Chelsea's owner want, in all honesty.

Giving it to Lampard, with an average managerial CV, seems more of a risk than Potter's appointment.

It doesn't matter if he's a 'club legend'.

Might as well have left it to Potter's for longer, and change things on the summer.

Edited by Wymsey

Just now, Wymsey said:

Don't really understand what Chelsea's owner want.

Giving it to Lampard, with an average managerial CV, seems more of a risk than Potter's appointment.

Might as well have left it to Potter's for longer, and change things on the summer.

I'd imagine Lampard is a temporary appointment.  Seems like a pretty obvious and smart move.

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I'd imagine Lampard is a temporary appointment.  Seems like a pretty obvious and smart move.

Maybe, but he might not change how the team is faring successfully until the end of the season and could even make their position worse.

Edited by Wymsey

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Maybe, but he might not change how the team is faring successfully until the end of the season and could even make their position worse.

So what though?  The owners clearly are putting Lampard there to give themselves more time to find a permanent manager.  Who else would be a better temporary candidate?

7 hours ago, Super_horns said:

He actually wasn't sacked believe it or not - I know it's probably hard to believe!

Left due to personal reason which was put down to him having ill health which actually turned out to be because his daughter was seriously unwell and actually sadly passed away so the media will need to be careful going down that line if his name did come up. 

https://theathletic.com/4127526/2023/02/09/oscar-garcia-watford-barcelona-brighton/

Sure some will do their research but most probably won't.

I mean I’m just going off Wikipedia but his managerial career has been a disaster by the sounds of it. The news regarding his daughter mind is terrible. Being a Dad myself with two daughters, the thought of losing a daughter so young is absolutely horrendous.

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

So what though?  The owners clearly are putting Lampard there to give themselves more time to find a permanent manager.  Who else would be a better temporary candidate?

I know what you're saying, but they still have an outside chance of resurrecting their season by scraping into 7th place for Europe and even 6th.

Possibly someone experienced and has a successful winning mentality, like Benitez or Di Matteo would've been a better bet? :dunno:

20 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Moyes will be gone tomorrow 

He has seemed quite a defeated man in recent weeks.

Shouldn't solely dislike them because of just one thing, but haven't felt much positively towards West Ham since they moved to a massive ground which wasn't necessarily built for football..

Edited by Wymsey