Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

17 minutes ago, LVFox said:

That West Ham side is miles better than what we are putting out these days. Moyes has shat the bed completely to even have them down with the rest of the dross in the bottom half.

They’re doing well in Europe, that might save him. 

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Would rather West Ham win, let them get away so they have nothing to play for on the last day. Got enough poorer sides down here with us to wish defeat on for the rest of the season 

Our last game of the season record when there’s something needed ain’t great recently. See choking our champions league place twice at home . 

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Would rather West Ham win, let them get away so they have nothing to play for on the last day. Got enough poorer sides down here with us to wish defeat on for the rest of the season 

Like they are just going to turn up with their cigars and let us walk through them?!

I'd rather them lose. Keep the bottom as close as possible because it's the only chance we've got of escaping

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LVFox said:

That West Ham side is miles better than what we are putting out these days. Moyes has shat the bed completely to even have them down with the rest of the dross in the bottom half.

How many problems this season are caused by bad mangers rather than bad teams? :P 

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Like they are just going to turn up with their cigars and let us walk through them?!

I'd rather them lose. Keep the bottom as close as possible because it's the only chance we've got of escaping

Umm no but I think our chances would be far greater in my scenario than if we played against a West Ham side who needed to avoid defeat for example. I wouldn't back us regardless right now anyway

Not watching the game but assume West Ham have scored off a set piece yet again judging by the fact that Zouma has scored. Being capable of scoring from free kicks and corners allows you to stay in games even when you're being outplayed. Our complete ineffectiveness from them is therefore another big problem. 

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Umm no but I think our chances would be far greater in my scenario than if we played against a West Ham side who needed to avoid defeat for example. I wouldn't back us regardless right now anyway

I can definitely see the logic. No way would I fancy us in a fight to the death with Rice and Soucek bulldozing our team of little fannies and Antonio getting his customary succession of one-on-ones after a long ball over the top.

• Haha 1

West Ham and ourselves have so many similarities. Big players throughout the team that are massively under achieving. Best players leaving in the summer. Rubbish at defending. Huff and puff. Out of luck at present. Crowd starts off motivated but soon goes quiet. 

Well I guess chelsea feel they are more likely to get the man they want in the summer, we did wait too long to get rid of Rodgers because no one wants to really take a job on for just a handful of games especially when threatened with relegation. 

11 minutes ago, Guest said:

I can definitely see the logic. No way would I fancy us in a fight to the death with Rice and Soucek bulldozing our team of little fannies and Antonio getting his customary succession of one-on-ones after a long ball over the top.

Well I've felt that way for years playing West Ham but we managed okay before the World Cup lol I know we as fans wouldn't agree right now but of all the teams at the bottom, *on paper* if any sides could put together a 3 or 4 match winning run it's ourselves, West Ham and Wolves. If those two did it and we didn't we'd still have Forest, Southampton, Everton, Bournemouth and Leeds to battle with so letting West Ham **** off up the table isn't going to hurt us

Edited by Stinky
  • Like 1

Just now, FOXSE said:

That Emerson challenge (which would have been a second yellow) was probably worse than Dewsbury-hall's....

Was coming on to say that and this is what that idiot Alan Smith had to say on it

Sky Sports' Alan Smith:

"The bar is always higher for a second booking and I'm not sure it reached that high. It's the right decision for me."

yesterday KDH bumped into Young it was Young that got him sent off but commentators agreed it was worthy of a 2nd yellow, just no consistency 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Don’t talk rubbish the more teams in the shit the better for us. We want everyone around us to drop points every week.

• Like 2