Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Doubt Moyes survives this. Not watching but are West Ham fans making a show of anger? 

West ham has Rodgers all over it if he wants to go straight back in. Typical for him to go there, win the conference league and send us down lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Doubt Moyes survives this. Not watching but are West Ham fans making a show of anger? 

West ham has Rodgers all over it if he wants to go straight back in. Typical for him to go there, win the conference league and send us down lol

Nope. The stadium was empty very sharpish. 

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There was no fans left by the end.... Actually by about 70 mins the ground was half empty 

Just now, cruzFOX said:

No way is Rogers going to west ham.

We should rename this site to SILLY TALKZ

insteaf of foxestalk lol

I don't know, didn't Rodgers allude to 'unfinished business' with leicester city??

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I imagine Rodgers takes the rest of the season off like Potter.

Why do people assume managers want to walk in to a new job a week after being sacked? 

Thought exactly the same why would they! Especially when they are likely to still be paid. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Which is their game in hand left. 

Basically it's all up in the air and anyone's to lose. 

How do you feel under Lopetegui?

It seems that you're very hit and miss, like the rest near the bottom.

Am a bit surprised that Traore hasn't moved on to be honest.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Why do people assume managers want to walk in to a new job a week after being sacked? 

Because they're greedy, stubborn and the majority of them don't have a clue about football tactics. Do you want more? 

Why are people that surprised Lampard is back at Chelsea for a dozen games maximum? They've barely anything to play for domestically and will probably get knocked out of the CL next up. Probably the same people who are gagging for Pearson to return despite doing nothing of note since leaving us lol

• Like 2

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Because they're greedy, stubborn and the majority of them don't have a clue about football tactics. Do you want more? 

It’s also a pretty exhausting job despite the good money on offer. 

I would imagine when Rodgers got home on Sunday he was pretty drained and wasn’t dying to get to a new club straight away. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Exactly. Usually better options in the summer for managers looking. It isn't like he needs the money either! :dry:

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

How do you feel under Lopetegui?

It seems that you're very hit and miss, like the rest near the bottom.

Am a bit surprised that Traore hasn't moved on to be honest.

Good start but he's struggled since. He keeps picking strange starting XI's and then having to make changes at HT. I don't think he knows what his best team, or formation is. 

Traore's contract is up in the summer. He deliberately hasn't signed a new deal despite offers, so he can leave on a free in June. I think he wants to go back to Spain. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

In professional sport, money is often the answer to the question. When a manger is sacked by a club or leaves by mutual consent, the club will have to pay the remainder of the manager's contract. They can enhance his severance pay by requiring him not to take a position at another club or another club in the same division for a specified period of time, probably until the end of the season. The manager might also be required to sign a non disclosure agreement which prevents him from talking about this arrangement. I imagine that when LCFC sacked Brendan he was told that he would get a bigger pay-off if he didn't take over at another PL club until this season was over. Same with Potter probably.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

In professional sport, money is often the answer to the question. When a manger is sacked by a club or leaves by mutual consent, the club will have to pay the remainder of the manager's contract. They can enhance his severance pay by requiring him not to take a position at another club or another club in the same division for a specified period of time, probably until the end of the season. The manager might also be required to sign a non disclosure agreement which prevents him from talking about this arrangement. I imagine that when LCFC sacked Brendan he was told that he would get a bigger pay-off if he didn't take over at another PL club until this season was over. Same with Potter probably.

Do you have any proof for this? There's no way a modern manager would agree to this kind of clauses. BR will count this week the money on his bank account and he will happily consider accepting a West Ham job next Monday or Tuesday. 

13 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Why are people that surprised Lampard is back at Chelsea for a dozen games maximum? They've barely anything to play for domestically and will probably get knocked out of the CL next up. Probably the same people who are gagging for Pearson to return despite doing nothing of note since leaving us lol

It’s a stupid decision. What will it achieve? Will the amount of money they’ve spent they need a manager who can assess the players and decide. Or lamps does well and gets the job full time again. Even though he’s useless as a manager. They may as well bring Di Matteo back. At least he won them something